cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Your next combine

The NEXAT 1100hp tractor is similar to the New Idea "Uni System" and is being tested on a 500,000 hectare Ukrainian farm  .   I count a 22 row cornhead and the "tractor part" can also power a sprayer.  This sort of technology is a game changer as far as larger tracts being operated.   

Here`s the website but it`s in German and they have "cookies" I`m a little leery, so click on accepting them at your own risk.  There`s other safer information you can google.   And some on You Tube.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lsc76cat
Senior Advisor

Re: Your next combine

Going to have to eliminate some roads that run on section lines in Iowa.  Need some wide open country for that baby.  Doubt we'll see one in the Palouse. 

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

At about 10 seconds in the video they show the cornhead folded and going down the road 15-20 foot wide.  Every year more fencelines, old groves and building sites are torn out.  Occasionally a county gravel road can be closed because there`s no longer a house at the deadend that required access.  There are sections where there is no one living on them, something 20 years ago you didn`t see in Iowa.  I don`t like it, but where does one draw the line? 

0 Kudos
clayton58
Veteran Advisor

My neighbor and I have a workable system going. I buy the combine and he provides the support equipment and labor. When harvest is over the combine goes away. I don’t have to shed it or do maintenance or repairs. All I do is make payments to him, which then get passed on to JD. the system is flip flopped for the planter. He ( helps) pay for it, but I am resposible for its operation, upkeep,etc.  seems to be working out well for both of us so far 

0 Kudos
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

BA, another school of thought is that tractors and combines will become automated, with a small fleet of auto-drive machines running up and down the field, and then down the roads, and that the huge machines will disappear.

I don't know where it all goes. Just updated this fall to a 12 row ready NH combine, and a 500 HP Steiger so I am going old school. I never use the guidance systems, but my oldest son does so I guess we are embracing technology to a degree.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Red, things are only going to get bigger, whether corn is $10 or $3.  There`s a guy road the road who farms close to 40,000 acres, a dude I gossip with fills me on his escapades.  I tell him one day you`ll be telling me that he farms 50,000 acres and these guys buying $14,000 land, we`ll hear are paying $50,000/acre.   Machinery companies will be more than happy to sell them what they need.    

0 Kudos