c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

...& expanding in NE, into KA

frost.gif

7 Replies
IllinoisSteve
Senior Contributor

Re: ...& expanding in NE, into KA

Okay, I have to ask, what is your stake in this event?  You have been pumping, and I mean really pumping this event for a week now.  You appear to live in Texas but seem as giddy as a kid at Christimas about the prospects for damaging frost/freeze inn the north.  Are you way long the soybean market and hoping for a miracle?  Just curious.

0 Kudos
NCILL
Frequent Contributor

Why is sharing up to date factual information with the crowd a problem to you Steve? If you don't like it don't read it. Thank you for your posts cx-1. I find them interesting and helpful. FYI small patches of frost as far south a Dekalb. Lots of green beans yet around here. Tonight will be the real test. With temperatures like this we know for a fact that the beans are not growing any longer and at risk of dying completely. Yet keep on trucking bears!!!!! I for one have put in my call orders.

0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

He's a trader Steve... Need news to make the market go one way or another
0 Kudos
IllinoisSteve
Senior Contributor

It's a problem because he is not doing it out of sympathy for the poor farmer or as a service.  He is a trader with what I suspect is a long position in beans who is hoping for an unforunate event to befall farmers in the north.  In short I think he is hoping to line his pockets off the misfortune of others.  He has been really pumping this thing for all it is worth for a week now.  That is the problem I have with what he is doing.  Clear?

0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

He's got nothing to gain by making you trade one way or another; he's not a broker offering a strategy to make a commission

The actions he is taking Aren't morally or ethically poor in and of themselves... They Are just info
0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

Well maybe we all should be long
0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

The only thing that matters is the effect on beans in the areas mentioned. Otherwise it becomes a nonissue.

I know that NE has been hit and one friend there has said the beans are 'lost' in his area. I'm still waiting on his definition of 'lost'.

Besides, 'pumping' an event that's measurable is a lost cause if it doesn't come to pass. It has come to pass and the extent will be meadurable over time.

0 Kudos