cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

bin Laden dead

What's everybody think of this news trickling out this evening that Osama bin Laden's been killed?

Think it'll mean anything to any markets? Will crude oil prices react one way or another? Two things could happen there, maybe. Maybe the market slides on us now that he's gone for sure, or maybe it surges on potential instability. Either way, do you think it'll make its way to the ag markets?

Either way, pretty amazing news. Just saw something that the confirmation comes exactly 3,519 days after 9/11. Wow. 

Things drying up for everybody out there? Going to do any planting this week?

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: bin Laden dead

I saw a report he was killed outside of a mansion in Pakistan capital of Islamabad, he wasn`t exactly "hiding in a cave".  I supose Obama will get the credit Smiley Mad.       Commods are down this evening anyway.    

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

I saw on another website, sports related, that during the phillies baseball game , when news was spreading in the crowd that bin laden was dead, that the game was stopped for a short time and the crowd was chanting USA, USA, USA!!!!.  Kinda cool, no matter what side of the political isle your from.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

A bit anticlimatic at this point. Makes no fundamental difference to the situation today.

0 Kudos
Advisor

After all this time since 9-11 and Iraq not in the news much anymore it's not as a big a deal as if it had happened years ago.   But I'm sure thats all we'll see on the news today.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm glad that he is gone.  We are trying to plant today.southcentral Iowa.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

UBL's death won't affect the grain trade, but maybe it will stop the rain? I doubt it.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Well then lets bring the boys home. TODAY! 

As to it's affect on the commods it is not going to have any affect.  I just wonder what is happening on the other hand?  I think if the dollar gets weaker corn goes higher. so does OIL. If it is a political charade it will end badly for the puppet masters. GOt to go we are looking at starting on wed. planting corn. Have to take care of some dairy stuff first.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jeff, Al Quaeda has supposedly declared war on Pakistan...I suppose for being cooperative in intel. Many civilians have been reported killed...what will our response be to that news?
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

KAy if this guy was in a compound right there next to civilized pakistan then I say let all the dogs go after them. Pakistan coulda ended this problem years ago and many of our young men would still be alive many families would still be whole and we wouldn't have the cost of the war to argue about for years. I think they will be gettin what they deserved. and we shouldn't interfere.

0 Kudos