cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: bin Laden dead

JR, I think there has been complicity on the part of many, not just the Pakistanis. I suppose we will see if the terror cells have indeed permeated our world...not as far-fetched as you might think. One bunch was busted up in Raleigh a few years back for black market cigarette sales, to raise money for their cause.
I am proud to think that our military can do what it's has evidently done here. I do have serious concerns what comes next. Call me a worrywart, but I think this could really trigger something we cannot control.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I think that trigger was pulled along time ago!  Don't get me wrong I think it is great to have a victory, I just don't think that this ends anything. We have let them in the front door they are here and the death of their leader isn't going to stop them. They are not idological,national,or economically driven. this is a faith based war. We won't win thinking that we can reason with faith.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Obama, the CIA and military (Navy Seals) all should get all the credit possible. Typical negative response from a Repub! Try to focus on the lives lost back 10 years ago, all caused by this SOB. Terrorism will never stop but at least one of the main guys is no longer able to do anymore!

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Maybe this is premature, but Obama just got a feather in his cap for his reelection campaign.  Between Republicans trying to slaughter each other in the primary and Obama taking the democrat nomination in a lovefest,  this president might've stumbled onto his second term.  

Hopefully the terrorists will stay away from the oilfields and keep the crude oil price from moving higher.  I can't see how this could impact commodity prices but nothing would surprise me. 

Navy Seals.  Wow.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

This day has been long over due and its like a weight lifted off my shoulders. I and several thousand others were part of a large operation in late 2003 to kill Bin Laden. We spent nearly a month conducting air assaults and clearing operations killing around 100 al Qaeda fighters. It was a rough one, walking day and night for days and sleeping in the snow. We lost 15 on that one and because of blizzard conditions and a few other things go wrong we missed our target. I think we ought to start bringing our boys home but we will probably at least in the foreseeable future need to keep a formidable presence in Afghanistan to keep another 9/11 from happening again. Bin Laden reaped what he sowed in the end. Even though I hate to say it, congrats to the Navy on this oneSmiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

lln50, who were you responding to? didnt notice any party lines until yours. tia

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Black thanks again for your service. And you are right those who were involved deserve all the credit!

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

No problem jr, I think this was a victory for everyone and not just people like me. Has milk prices gotten any better yet? My wife went shopping the other day and noticed milk was getting pretty pricey. You boys in Iowa getting things planted? Its been a mess back here. As you are well aware we have sandier soil here in Branch county so some have started planting. Ohio has clay soils and they just keep getting pounded with rain so corn planting will be very late there. I will probably start planting our corn tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

@dapper7 wrote:

lln50, who were you responding to? didnt notice any party lines until yours. tia

Not lln50 but I suppose BA Deere apparently being unhappy about it based on his comment and choice of emoticon. Just a hunch.

@BA Deere wrote:

I saw a report he was killed outside of a mansion in Pakistan capital of Islamabad, he wasn`t exactly "hiding in a cave".  I supose Obama will get the credit Smiley Mad.       Commods are down this evening anyway.   

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I`m sorry if this belongs in the `boiler room`, but this was all too predictable.  You have supposed objective journalists, gleefully proclaiming that the 2012 isn`t needed Obama has his 2nd term locked up, now they can`t understand why he didn`t get a poll bump.  Well, what did he do?  The military advisors Said "After 10 yrs we finally found OBL, should we go get him?"  Obama says "Aaah well ummm okay". That`s it, that`s the extend of what he did, he did the job that a President is elected to do.  Then the media tries to make him out to be General George Patton.  I have picture albums of me holding near trophy fish that I caught on charter trips.  Well, I hired guides that knew the lake, we had fish finders, if the fish weren`t biting we used down riggers.  Now do I think that I`m Virgil Ward reincarnated?  No, I`m only the handsome guy in the photo holding the fish  Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos