cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: case new holland lays off 225+ at grand island

Is there any particular reason the consumer shouldn't decide what they want to buy?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

The consumer makes decisions based on irrational and misleading advertising.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Yes, well there are quite a few irrational consumers who think it is irrational to expect the tax payer to buy a product that is not wanted and then pay the same producers a subsidy for producing even more of what is not wanted should the price fall below where you want it. You are skating on communistic ice with that statement tree farmer.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Ok Jimmy how do you describe Obama Care?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Bingo, Hobby!!!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

It's communism. I didn't vote for him, but the majority did.
I believe there is a difference between laws not giving you a choice and deliberately choosing to deal with a private company with whom you disagree.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

you are for sure an expert on misleading advertising.  And you have to be greatful for irrational consumers.   Why don't you buy space on here to advertise instead of sneaking it into the marketing section. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Not sure I follow you SW....? If you are talking about the Alba barley post, I was just trying to share the word on a very good variety of feed barley. No false advertising intended. We do not normally sell seed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I don't want to buy gas without ethanol in it.......but sometimes I am forced to because ethanol is not offered where I need to fill up.   I should be able to buy what I want......right?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Yep. It's just the opposite here. Everything has ethanol and its $3.99/gallon this week for the cheap stuff. You of course can't expect the private market to provide something if the demand is coming from just a couple people. In the case of ethanol, there would be demand from ethanol proponents and those not wanting ethanol in the fuel. Demand would be based on actual consumer demand however, not governmental dictation.
0 Kudos