Soybean Hulls
Quote Basis
Dec '14
0 Kudos
16 Replies
farmerguy89
Advisor

Re: not fixed yet

Beans are 12+ now here. Gas 3.6-8 a gallon!!
0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

• Cash Bids
Soybeans
Quote Basis
Dec 2014
10.4425 0.0200
Jan 2015
10.4725 0.0500
Feb 2015
10.5175 0.0300
Fall 2015
9.8300 -0.3500
Soybean Meal
Quote Basis
December
446.50 75.00

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

ECIN' s post would have you believe that the southern and southeast livestock are still in overdrive in consumption mode.

Record harvest and a large positive basis  this soon after harvest, is nobody selling beans? Is Canada livesteck in the bean meal hunt too?

On another subject...red fuel is now $2.46 locally

10% e gas went to $2.39 today.

0 Kudos
FARM4FOOD
Veteran Contributor

Spoke with about 50 farmers today everyone said just so so soy beans. Corn no one had a record yield and no one had a test weight over 54 all said late plant and not enough heat units was to blame from what I am hearing this goes west to Montana and East to Atlantin thats a lot of ground

0 Kudos
formeragcofan
Frequent Contributor

Not to worry, we are already pencilled in for record acres and yields for 2015. The experts tell us that, so there is no doubt it is true!

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: chasing rainbows and skittles

How many years or crop cycles are some of these Yahoo' s going to go out to and talk about to justify trying to beat down the markets?

Pie in the sky is what my ancestors would term it.

In the mean time back at work the heavy lifting of everyday work seems to be pointing to increased demand for a product that is only two thirds to half as valuable as a year ago.

The experts maybe missing the forest and only seeing trees?

Sure seems strange that central and northern Iowa, much of Indiana, and Illinois have better cash bids than we do here in South Podunk Country so soon after harvest.

Maybe it's just me and my generally rosey out look on things? Gotta quit wearing those glasses.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Re: More experts views

Ha.....Look at that picture of the soybean pile closely......The beans are large which means that pile isn't very large.    Heck, I've spilled that much off the side of the truck.   Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: More experts views

WOW 35% more carry over...35% Times an empty pipeline is still like that pile..Not much.

70 dollar premium per ton of sbm first part of Dec after a record harvest speaks more truth than a whole room full of has been drips under pressure.

0 Kudos