Try looking up AG policy and the farm bill
Brad lubben. 2014 cornhusker.

It is in PDF format.

Maybe someone will read it different than
I understand it.
Palouser
Senior Advisor

Re: crystal ball and dart board

Hey, after several years of the House not being able to pass anything on the Ag bill it had to be good enough to get the endorsement of the southern delegation and leadership. Ag bills never pass without that.

0 Kudos
gurly3801539
Advisor

Land owners will see yield numbers and base acres because they have to sign for decision to be made.  They should question anything that looks out of line.  Not saying cheating can't happen but owers should see numbers.

0 Kudos
jrsiajdranch
Veteran Advisor

I have been called several times by FSA to enroll the dairy herd in the new program. I said screw it. I am not enrolling. I am tired of the BS.
0 Kudos
idalivered
Advisor

roaring tiger, i asked in 2 counties (and one county executive director ) about yield documentation. They said that rma data is acceptable. No other documentation was needed for an audit. Now that is not to say that you could be spotchecked by rma. The quote i got was "if it's good enough for cop insurance, it's good enough for us".  the base reallocation is kind of a crapshoot. conventional wisdom says use the higher of the corn base numbers, but as hobby says you need a crystal ball. If soybean prices tank (or wheat, or sorgum/milo) you might want those base numbers.  it all s eems needlessly complicated, but it is the only game in town. Have fun everyone.

My neighbor and good friend was spotchecked by crop insurance last year and they went over it pretty hard. (he feeds alot of corn and had to prove the cattle numbers to substantiate the corn). Also my guess is that if a 2 people get pulled for a random sp[otcheck , one that farms 1000 acres and one that farms 20,000, that the auditor won't just take the easier one.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Producers can just take in cash rental agreements for proof of farming the farm and to sign them up.  Landlords will not see any paper work....unless they ask their tenants for it.

0 Kudos
gurly3801539
Advisor

roaringtiger1 you better check that out.  The info I got at the meeting says updating  payment yields and base acres is the owner's decision.  Which program is the operator's choice if cash rented.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Without at least one owners signatnries the farm will default into the PLC program.

0 Kudos
gurly3801539
Advisor

Hobby, without ALL owner's signing yield and base will remain the same.  PLC or ARC-CO or ARC- IC are chosen by the producer(operator).  If an operator does not make that choice it will default to PLC.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

I will disagree with you it was clearly stated by the FSA rep that only ONE owned needed to sign for cash rental ground.

For crop share all need to sign.

0 Kudos