cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: disrespectful

Over the years we gave a lot of grain to countries where the small economy often was  gardening or farmers market as the ag portion.  I often wondered if we hurt them economically as we tried to fix short term problems.

Our policies are pretty short sighted sometimes------ often about as short as an election cycle.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Advisor

Just as another example, we were in Haiti on a service mission to our sister parish down there 2 years ago, we drove past skid after skid of US rice. The skids were stacked along the road beside their rice fields. They did not plan to harvest as the price for rice was below the cost to harvest in local terms. Of course as Jay Carney would say this was merely anecdotal but it was real.

Saw the same thing in Africa but that is a far more complicated area, in general it seems all aid should be done by buying local or at least regional.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Couldn't help but wonder what would happen to local economies in the US if food stamps were replaced with food shipped from a central warehouse.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The distortion is still there ---------  We just hide it in expensive ways.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Just a clue! Protecting the border from who? The only reason americans aren't crossing the border in droves is because of thermometer readings in Canada.

It must be nice to live in Canada where people like each other and they don't need gun control because people control their guns. They buy health insurance for each other because they care about their fellow man. They would rather pay for your colonostopy than have one themselves. They don't worry about whether you get something for free!

If canada owned a Carribean Island, I would be a canadian. In fact I'm more than a bit weary of those self righteous mean spirited americans and I are one.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

What you say is probably true. The Canadians are very proud of their country. All you have to do is look at all the national flags that the people of Canada display, the way that they tolerate two languages, where the speed limits are respected. Except in Quebec where every road sign is in French ONLY.

Otherwise, I saw no difference in the people. And itr is colder only several months

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: dis respectful respect

re the earpy post being wrong may bring out harsh comments.

but let it fly, it tells us thuings about that person.

PLUS in some cases the postings are so false, errant, someone has to raise questions,

so at least others are eelerted to investigate themselves.

The "alerter" may be wrong, as well.

Healthy debate, discussuon, thus isn't about feelings it is about markets! l

0 Kudos