cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

economic recovery plan

Estimates are that Q2 GDP will be -5%, which nobody knows but sounds fair.

So that's about a $400B demand hole and we need to fill it fast. I think the plan from He Whose Name We Cannot Mention From Utah is a good one- send every adult $1K immediately. Many will need it for myriad things. For those who don't need it critically, beg that they spend it- not on Chinese gewgaws from Amazon- but on local stores and services- get a gift card if you can't use it immediately. That will have the highest multiplier and support the economy from the ground up.

2 weeks paid sick leave for everybody- figure out how to fund it- is super important for public health and will help businesses- if it gets abused for free vacation or funded layoffs I don't care, there are bigger problems.

I wouldn't bail out airlines etc. Shareholders should have known there are risks inherent, as bondholders should have. If the economy struggles through and emerges on the other side they and their lenders can figure it out.

Consider Agriculture a different line item, and other than the very good suggestion to get a paid 10% setaside rolling that can be dealt with later.

Already in progress- make sure that there is more than ample money for SBA loans.

I think I pretty well used the $400B on my shopping trip.

For those who are for some reason opposed- consider this. Probably the only way the GOP doesn't die.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: economic recovery plan

I think President Trump would be on board for most of that.  But airlines will have to get some kind of bailout, they have become a necessity for business.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

M  oney   F  or   P  lane$,    as  the  $tock  Buy  Back$ - Tax  Cuts,   landed  on  quick  sand  runways  -  -  -

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Privatize gain......socialize loss.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

President Trump will be for anything that will help his re-election as he was for the phony baloney market ramp job that blew up on him like an Acme bomb for the coyote.

But I'd target the assistance to be big, quick and over. Can always do more later.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The President will be for anything that keeps asset values stable. Thus,he would be in favor of at least twice what you are talking about. I'm thinking a 2Tril plan would be more adequate. Just service sector loss, just this month, will be close to a Tril in lost economic activity. 

I haven't heard anyone opposing anything. We all decided to kill the currency in the 1970's, so everyone is onboard. The whole world is onboard, which makes silver and gold an incredible steal over the next few weeks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Lol.

Greece!!!!! Greece I Tell you !!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

The modern GOP has no principles other than holding power at any cost.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/opinion/pelosi-powell-coronavirus.html?action=click&module=Opinio...

Dr. Evil is spot on here. The modern GOP can do grift and it can do ideology but it can't do sound policy. Stand aside.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Airlines had some great years after eliminating enough competition to establish a semi-oligopoly.

And so they used a lot of the cash to buy back their own stock.

Let 'em pound sand!

0 Kudos