cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
425Cat
Advisor

equities taking a beating

If equities keep taking a beating will money move back into commodities???
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: equities taking a beating

First question ...

If it keeps taking a beating, what money will be left to be put into commodities?

Second question ...

Why would they want to pour money into a down trending market?

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

If your a trader, do you really care which way the market is moving?
0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Cat,

fair amount of disconnect now - strong $$ already long commodities - oh, but if you could just see what Soros is doing.

Shaggy,

yes we care that it's moving in direction we bet Smiley Wink

Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Shaggy:

The corn market is in the area of 40% down in the last year. You want to get in the way of that and go long?

You want to bet on the last 10 to 15% and bet on a 50% drop? Odds are starting to get worse on that one too. So far the market in corn has been sideways this year. Hard to make money on either side of that one.

Beans: Only down a couple from the high, Brazil has a record breaker on the road to port now, Argentina has a crop getting ready with a good % of last years in storage too. Problem is in the politics on that one. (in the process of melt down now, may be a military coup any minute there)

We are probably more sold out here than officially admitted to. Nothing like selling out in January just to have to grab the last few boat loads out of SA to tide us over from July to Sept. Which side of that you want to gamble the food budget on?

I'm betting we need an old "magic 8 ball" game out of the seventies (before they were made in China) for the answers on these questions.

0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

Dollar is killing you righ now. If you really want to see your commodity prices go up w this Dollar rally, move to Mexico or Canada.

Us economy is on the mend.. Not much you can do
0 Kudos
BF2012
Advisor

Another W T F

US economy is mending.   lmfao.  That's insane.   The only positive aspects of the economy is the spin put on by the talking heads, aka paid shills of Obama and the Banksters.   You must be getting your info from CNN Money Channel, or those talking head idiots on Fox Saturday morning.  

EVERY indicator in this economy is that it is about to implode.......Fed keeps throwing additional legs under the stool when it starts tipping over.....What is the Credit Default Swap number???   70Trillion.....lmao....nothing but smoke, mirrors, and wishful thinking. 

Nobody is talking about the **bleep**ty Christmas shopping season, the massive rate of credit card debt rising again with savings dwindling, as the sheeple start shifting their bill paying and essentials to credit.  

Take a look at the Baltic Shipping Index......maybe you should start quizzing local businesses in your area....The **bleep** has been hitting the fan for quite some time....the Fed unplugged the fan, but sooner or later....watch out.

0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

Gotta trade the same data everyone else is trading. The economic data just comes out better in the us and is helping the dollar

I agree that having more debt than you can deal with is ludicrous But it's just the way it is and how everyone is working
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

I never said I wanted in on any side of the sideways trade, then again I've never been a trader.

The way I figure it, I've got put protection in place to cover the move down, and 1 crop in the field and another bought and paid for ready to go into the ground in a few weeks if the price goes up.  That being said, I guess I'm playing both sides of the move.

0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

Looks like some money moved today
0 Kudos