cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sw363535
Honored Advisor

feedyard talk 1/14. 5 pm .......strong corn market?

Look at todays close...... 

If you need assurance that corn trend has strength you got it today...

I know that corn did not go up much this week but today (the first Friday after the report...... for thatever a report means) corn had a strong rebound day while every other grain went down (at least some)

That is a very strong admonition that buyers have concern for the supply going into summer..... and almost a guarantee that usda will soon be telling us corn planting acres in 2022 will be at record levels in the US,  followed by the revelation that more uncounted Brazil beans have been found in another Chinese Reserve depot.

I might be over selling it a bit but Corn had a great Friday......... 

4 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: feedyard talk 1/14. 5 pm .......strong corn market?

Thank you for the good news SW, I just looked at the close and nice.  I don`t have much to sell, just enough for taxes and a little machinery buyin` over flow money.  The report wasn`t that negative...neutral for corn anyway.   Just got to give those traders some line, I can feel they`re getting tired, reel `em in and have that net ready!   🙂  And the only question what goes best with fish,  asparagus or new potatoes?  

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

This is also supporting the market.  we are so unbelievably dry --- Next for us is sit tight and hold on ...... pick the sprinklers back up as needed and see what the change of season brings.  Last decent rain was early July 21......

Grain sorghum seed will be the next move and nearly every acre of dry land will be available if the spring rain comes.

Some wheat already 14 inches under and packed down. (plowed areas for erosion control.

du.png 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQem15Ow6hw&list=RDlQem15Ow6hw&start_radio=1

Areas of blowing dust. Partly sunny, with a steady temperature around 51. Very windy, with a north wind around 40 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph.

insane north wind coming in warm at 60mph.......January 14.  5-10 for low temps.  

Don't be surprised if the wheat (red) market stagnates for a few weeks (because usda will never report wheat planted acres  lost to drought   ---and farmers will not contract wheat they probably won't have--- so sales stagnate.  

This is what you call floor building days .........Till the crop tour that refuses to come west determines those central ks fields "glorious".   Then the market is free to go up again.  

Far too much sarcasm woven into that one but days like this are "abrasive". 

0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

Aahh yes, blowing dust, looks like Kansas alright. Fortunately I was spared the dust storms and heavy snow on my first run of 2022. My week was busy. I picked up 75 black feeder calves at a sale barn in Iowa and delivered them to a feedyard in Nebraska, then got a load of fats and took them down to Tyson in Holcomb, KS, then brought bred heifers back to Michigan. The only notably good wheat I have seen was/is around Salina, KS. If I remember right that area got some rain back in November as part of that tornado outbreak. 

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Another red letter day in the sw yesterday

9588685.jpg1200px-Farmer_walking_in_dust_storm_Cimarron_County_Oklahoma2.jpg

Always enjoy the man and two boys checking livestock.  You can tell the storm hasn't hit yet....... still got hats on.