cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sw363535
Honored Advisor

feedyard talk 1/4. 3 pm .......enjoying the view from the cheap seats... go Ksu

• Kansas winter wheat was rated 33% good/excellent by the USDA this month, down from 62% in late November and 51% on December 12; Oklahoma wheat came in at 20% g/ex, down from 48% in late November.

• the grains started off strong last night and are holding on to gains this morning, after an ugly reversal yesterday; crop concerns are re-emerging slightly to start out this week but its unclear whether that will be enough to support a mostly demand-driven market up into next Wednesday.

• StoneX Brazil yesterday slashed their estimate for 2021/22 soybean produc- tion from 145.1 to 134.0 MMT, now below 135.5 MMT last season; summer corn production fell from 29.6 to 26.8 MMT this month

• sw363535_0-1641334427063.jpeg

Drought continues to be a strong concern for both North America and South America where rain is confined to northern areas of little crop production.

StoneX Brazil yesterday cut their 2021/22 soybean produc- tion estimate by more than 11 million tonnes

BRZ team also cut exports from 92 to 84 MMT this month due to the reduced supply, now 2.2 MMT below the final 2020/21 bean export total

Before someone at a media outlet starts pumping 2022 marketing news false information and claiming Russian natural gas is a colluding to kill trees.  Enjoy this good day of marketing news..... +.34 +.20, +.12  +3.16.  And - 3.175 in feeder cattle payoffs to retiring politicians 

11 Replies
Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

Re: feedyard talk 1/4. 3 pm .......enjoying the view from the cheap seats... go Ksu

SW, good to see more feedyard talk! After a 3 week break from the west Kansas feedyards I am planning a return hopefully next week. 

I do believe wheat could be a hot market this year. Wheat in the Eastern Cornbelt is nearly non existent after a wet fall. Wheat west of Dodge City is nearly non existent unless it's under pivot.... And we are one Russian invasion (Ukraine) away from a large market correction.

I have 33 hobby acres of wheat I planted October 1st that is mediocre at best. It has looked more like rice sticking up out of the water holes. My wheat won't be the best yielding crop in the world, but still could pencil a profit with a strong price. 

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: feedyard talk 1/4. 3 pm .......enjoying the view from the cheap seats... go Ksu

It will take a lot of trips out here to get the "gritty" taste of the last one out of your mouth.

Im south in Texas for a few days but ironically today it was warmer in Ulysses than it is where we are..... not many places in the world where the temperature can run up and down like sw ks.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

SW,

Death valley California comes to mind

k-289
Senior Advisor

Guymon  Ok  comark -  Febr   corn,  $6.68    -  Texhoma  -  $6.73  +.65  radio  report  -  -  -

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

These prices and good yields have kept grain moving off farm.

Local train loader filled with corn yesterday and shut off taking corn.

"GAVILON will not be acepting CORN next week until we receive our next train as we are full. Thanks! "

Rinse lather repete with beans this morning.

"GAVILON is unable to take beans as we are still waiting on a train. Thanks"

Waiting on two trains, one for corn one for beans...

Been the story all fall and now winter for them about every 10 days to 2 weeks.

They have two white capped mountains of corn and one 2 trains worth of beans under plastic on site also.

The local county seat library has a collection of writings and letters from the 1800's some of them talk about this area will never be much of a grain producing region. Just good for cattle and milk production.

Their crystal balls didn't work any better than today's new and improved Harbor Freight designed in New York city and made in China ones.

sw363535
Honored Advisor

For the record weather in the sw tomorrow wind gusts in the 50 mph range....... wheat is not as good as stated by the first report on this thread...... it will be the first crop failure of 2022.

• Tonight

sw363535_0-1641441322913.png

Mostly Cloudy
    and Windy

Low: 3 °F

• Thursday

sw363535_1-1641441322960.png

Decreasing
    Clouds

High: 20 °F

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

M  P  G   for  an  empty  bullrack , would  be  altered , even  if  kept  upright  -  -  - STAY  SAFE  

0 Kudos
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Looking at things....To me, one should go long wheat....but then "the market" does the opposite on news that should have pushed the market up.

I told my "farmer" I like some wheat planted, I like some cash flow mid year....but this kid just cant understand.

I am hoping by summer I will be well enough to do some things.

gurly3801539
Advisor

elcheapo, good to see you are posting again. I think I am right in remembering you have some health issues and was hoping you are okay.

0 Kudos