Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

futures now

Corn down 2-3

beans down 13+

I hope to see a time when the voter has to learn how to cook the paper bushels.....

76 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: futures now

Mmmm that paper sure does taste good, once I turn it into money (paper) and buy myself a nice filet mignon with a glass of red wine. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

92  -  Still  waiting  on  your  cost  analysis  -  for  2019  -  where  you  mentioned  out  front  -  forward  marketing  opportunities   ?   

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

If you're good at something never do it for free. 

I'm done giving ya'll free advice just to be mocked on here, now I come once a day just for the entertainment value. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

So the smart *****  trader knows it all! Yet I would bet that you would fail growing your own commodities! You don’t know how close you are to not having anything to trade! Farmers are tired of working for nothing and and yet you don’t get it! Things will balance out and I’ve seen numerous traders who knew it all ended up losing it all plus some! Karma is a bitch and she will take you outmfor making such a dumb remark! You could be begging for table scraps instead of eating filet mignon one day and I hope we all get to see it! 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I've seen more farmers fail than futures traders, so I don't think that's a good measuring stick to make your point. 

Look, the reason prices are where they are is because you guys are the best farmers in the world and victims of your own success. If you weren't so good at producing more food than the world can consume, and if you didn't have highly capitalized farm conglomerates being able to steadily lower the costs of production, then prices could never be where they are today. 

But wait, maybe they could, considering that corn spent 20 years from about 1986 on trading between $2 and $3 a bushel. So maybe that's where its real equilibrium is, because it sure seems like its going back there.

The truth is that there are enough farmers who have figured out how to lower their costs of production and enhance their revenue streams by employing better technology in machinery as well as finance. Those farmers can afford to sell their crops at lower prices to capture more business and that's what they are doing. Ultimately in a market that requires physical delivery, the price is set by the producers, not the traders, The traders just catch the wave and ride it. So there will be plenty of food on America's table even if you are not the one growing it. Because if you do not adapt to use every new method and weapon in the farming arsenal, you will fold up and be replaced by someone who uses those weapons. And the supply of food will keep on rolling in.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

92  -  I've  got  some  great  water  front  property  available  that  has  opportunity  written  all  over  it  -  -  -

My  pre-paid   commission  being  the  only  magical , first  step  into  expertise  arena     -   -   -

No  Guts  -  No  Glory  ? 

Was  privy  to  a  buy  signal  on  the  Dow  last  Wednesday  -    -    -     

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I hope you put a stop out order on that Dow tip...have you seen the market today ?

I warned you guys an October surprise might be on its way...right now the only thing I hear trading desks asking is whether this is a double top in the Dow. 

Been a long time since we had a 20% correction in stocks. With a trade war going on, the Fed tightening the screws, and long term yields at their highest levels since 2011, the stage seems to be set.

Small fortunes can be made in the stock market, but sometimes made out of large fortunes.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Short it all, It's all coming down. 

I am looking at a sizable position in gold though. 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

never buy an unproven product. 

Never spend money for self promotion

0 Kudos