cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: great new gig

You can't miss with this crowd with The Clinton Foundation!!! but it has been very extensively audited. I have no sympathy for Hillary- they should never have undertaken that unless they were both leaving public life forever. But it created false equivalency with things like the Trump Foundation, which was a criminal enterprise, not unlike the entire Trump Org.

But yes, I also agree that regulations should be tightened regarding the practice of very wealthy families creating charitable foundations to avoid estate and income taxes.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Removing stepped up basis is essentially rewarding the government for their creating inflation.  If a farm was worth $400/acre in 1960 and it`s worth $10,000 today....well a new pickup was $1500 then and $70,000 today.   I know tv sets are cheaper today, but what if i don`t want a tv set?

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

What I said.

The gold standard is the Kraft Plan.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Actually, depreciation more or less covers equipment and other depreciable assets. So those aren't mostly paid for by after tax income. But with fully depreciated equipment vs. a FMV vauation, yes, there would be some tax- which makes sense, if you think about it. Same as if you sell it.

Land is paid for with after tax income, but sort of by definition the cost basis covers that.  

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Interesting that an apparent member in good standing of the IN QAnon Party would cite Sen. Lugar.

His defenestration in favor of perhaps the dumbest human being to ever be nominated to run for Senate* was the beginning of the sheer descent into utter madness.

*a difficult competition to judge, with several active contestants.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

"And you're saying what?"

That pretty much says it all.

0 Kudos
nitefarm
Advisor

As you really should know the facts about what your trying to educate us on. I know I am wasting my time saying that but you are dead wrong about the Clinton Foundation , that is one of if not the most crooked organizations in my lifetime 

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

the sheer descent into utter madness.

" the sheer descent into utter madness.""

A path 'ol sd knows well...

0 Kudos
gurly3801539
Advisor

Okay, you described your preferred government policy to make yourself feel better about the brother you are jealous of, now what do you propose policy should be to punish the prom queen who wouldn't give herself to you?

0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

I'm not even sure what Qanon is fwiw. 

But, to assert that Lugar is one of the dumbest people to ever be nominated to serve in the Senate is simply ridiculous. But, hey, you never let the facts cloud your ability to jump in to name calling. 

0 Kudos