cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

how many superbulls

are needed to screw in a lightbulb?   

Forget the humor, how many have sold this rally since it is profitable now.  Maybe your waiting for 7, 8, or oh my goodness joe 9 dollar corn (seriously joe nine dollar corn).  If I had some to sell I qould start scale selling now.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: how many superbulls

Maybe 10 who knows but I bet you I know it ain't going to three like you been preaching. Hold in to your ankles buck she's goin to be a wild one.Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I gotta admit, I called Cargill this morning.  If It goes up, I still have some left to sell, and if it goes down, I have enough contracted to cover my fertilizer and planting costs, and have storage for what I didn't sell (at normal yields) so I can play the waiting game until at least the end of June, for the rest.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I know a few farmers who still have all of 2011 corn to sell

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

VR are you still predicting a yield possibly above trendline like you were not that long ago?  Curious what you think on potential

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

While I am hoping for a very bearish report tomorrow, we have to be unpriced as yield potential is very iffy for corn. Beans look great till about 9am :-).

Just sticking to the facts though, Open Interest would tell you that there actually are no-super bulls in the game. No one has bought this rally, pure short covering. So, the data does not support the contention that the players are bullish. Frankly, the big players and end-users are just standing like Deer in the Headlights. Praying it rains and cools off SOON.

On another point, the market being open during the report REALLY harms producers. PLEASE lean over and prepare to be ALGO'd in the morning. Lubrication is recommended.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Go ahead buck,  sell to a yield you can't raise on more acres than you have planted.  And then rag on yourself for not selling more into contracts you can't deliver.  

This would be compared to your comments last august to help all those "foolish" producers out there.  The memory came back to me watching corn wilt in the heat this week.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I'm glad to see ur back with such an idiotic post buck. I was worried about u. Sold a little cash for 7 and off the combine for 6.05 this week. We'll see if higher offers get hit. Good to know ur still around
0 Kudos
Advisor

I don't know how you can get  seven dollar corn cause here basis has lost 25 cents since ray jenkins issued his warning call.  Futures havent hit sevens yet so it is hard to believe.  Not saying you haven't  but talking facts now.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

What are your yield estimates buck?
0 Kudos