cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

if you’re gonna fight then fight!

disappointed at the trumpsters’ lack of fortitude when he kind of, sort of put more tariffs on the other day. That’ll show them whos boss especially after Dec 15! If you’re gonna fight then fight with everything you got! Not some big threats with half assed action!    Im sure the chinese officials are laughing under their breath. 

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: if you’re gonna fight then fight!

I agree. Take the gloves off.

0 Kudos
Advisor

@hwr247 wrote:

disappointed at the trumpsters’ lack of fortitude when he kind of, sort of put more tariffs on the other day. That’ll show them whos boss especially after Dec 15! If you’re gonna fight then fight with everything you got! Not some big threats with half assed action!    Im sure the chinese officials are laughing under their breath. 

The Chinese are likely UP bout $24 Trillion as per International Bank Balances. 

The USA is Down bout $17 Trillion. 

Just gotta laugh. 

Trump is running things like a 1 legged guy in an ars kicking contest. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

The "it is a conspiracy theory" thing coming from the Administration the last few days in regards to the concerns about recession isn't altogether wrong.

But it is primarily a conspiracy theory by The Stock Market, which is the 800 pound gorilla.

Index levels are his signature achievement, so that's a problem.

I imagine he'll tone it down for a while, probably issue some regular statements about how the talks are productive, etc.

Seems to raise the odds that there will be some sort of modest NAFTA v.2.0 type agreement sometime before the election. For agriculture, that won't be anything near the magnitude of what was teased or even undo all of the damage. But it would be an improvement.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

And I'd note- really the bond market more than the stock market, and it is a far better harbinger of the economic future.

Also "yield inversion" not so much- that's at least a function of the short rate that the Fed sets.

But bidding the 10 yr at 1.5% is pretty much saying that nobody's interested in investing money in anything.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Regular statements about ....

"Regular statements about how the talks are productive"  That's exactly what Kudlow said today.

This administration can't even lie convincingly anymore.

0 Kudos
Advisor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

And I'd note- really the bond market more than the stock market, and it is a far better harbinger of the economic future.

Also "yield inversion" not so much- that's at least a function of the short rate that the Fed sets.

But bidding the 10 yr at 1.5% is pretty much saying that nobody's interested in investing money in anything.

A supposed trade war is nothing more than a war of words. 

The Globe has more knowledge and products accessibility now times Vs 100 years ago.  THAT is why a supposed trade war does not work now times 

The Global CURRENCY Market's And Central Bankers now times account for Everything.  ..even a supposed trade war. 

Trump has created his own recession.   That's what has started now. 

A supposed trade war where All the aggressor's or USA citizens do is Pay the Whole Cost is just another Tax on Everyone. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Not a recession but certainly tepid growth.

Never hit the promised 3% on a sustained basis, and now softening.

Pretty decent consumer spending holding things up. My thought is that the stock market has as much or more to do with that than do wages. I see a lot of new expensive cars among the elder set and hear of a lot of nice vacations. 

BTW, I'm guessing that, at best, the Dow at year end will be about where it started 2018- the entire run will have been '17 as it priced in corporate tax cuts.

But of course the companies will keep throwing money at their own stock so that the insiders' stock options expire in the money.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Pretty much sums up the new rash of Liberal trolls on the market page.

Image result for bill maher trump recession

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

So  now  your   worried  about  Bill  Maher  ,   my  ,  my ,   pass  the  kleenX  - - -