cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: And $1200 stimulus checks and $600 per week unemployment didn't hurt, either.

There is very likely to be a next day hangover on those campers.

Was in one branch of a big one Fri. I just wanted to see one they had on the lot.

Sales gal got her pad right out and tried basically insisted we sit down and do my financials to see what I could afford.

Several other couples at different tables doing just that.

Skipped that part.

Front page of local shopper had half page add from local camper place..

All new ones had pmts figured for either 144 months or 180 months

Used one's from 96 to 180 months.

That's insane.

Sixty to seventy something year olds signing up for that?

That is insane.

I don't see that ending well...Maybe for both sides. 2008 housing bubble reboot?

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: And $1200 stimulus checks and $600 per week unemployment didn't hurt, either.

Not to mention the millions of people still working and not spending on any number of things that they usually have that aren’t available or desirable in this environment.

Savings rates are nearly unprecedented.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Is buying golf carts, boats and campers our version of the Weimar Republic`s "wheelbarrow of cash to buy a loaf of bread"?   The US has a $20 Trillion GDP and our national debt is 150% of GDP and we are far from out of the woods.  People inherently know we`re all screwed, it`s better to`ve missed your "101st payment" on a camper to not have had a camper at all.  A big farmer in the 70`s would say "I`d rather die with the bank full of notes than the bank full of money"and he did.  And it does seem like farmers and everyone else has taken on that same philosophy these days. Bankruptcy is just part of business, no stigma, file one day and next day there`s credit card offers in your mailbox to "try it again".

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

"Weimar cash" is the "voter fraud" of echo chamber zombie fixations.

Canada just printed a big goose egg on CPI. They gave away a ton of loonies.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

All of the developed world handled it better- to greater or lesser degrees.

Thus the drop in US GDP was 2-5X worse.

0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

Well, I'll ask again, what is Joe Biden's agricultural policy platform? Who are his ag policy team members?

0 Kudos