cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: just ran some cost of prod numbers

Ill be selling 14corn at 4.50 cash if we get there. Won't happen until April may I suspect. I keep
watching the monthly lows still holding uptrend line if she blows thru all bets are off. At one time I thought we would test 5.50 but now have my doubts.

0 Kudos
Advisor

450 cash would be about a 4.80 board here
0 Kudos
Advisor

Test $ 5.50?   When was that?  and what were you smoking when that number came to mind?   lol

Only way we get a $ 4.80 board is with some disasterous planting scenario....and it would have to be a BIG disaster...cause if 2013 didn't rattle it.....I can't see it happening.  

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I do some off farm carpentering and my wife has a good job, ( and we paid our last tuition last year!! )  so we won't starve, but man I hate losing money. I'm meeting with the coop in the next couple of weeks so I'll know more about COP then.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I don't really know how old you guys are but I sold corn back in the 80's for 1.80 and after disviunts 1.40 sold beans as recently as 95 for 3.95 per bu. So tighten your belts tkink you'll make it. Also bought 2 quarters of land back then when they couldn't get a bid at the sale nice older lady neighbors wrote cfds. Find yourself a good local bank and stick with them. Not talking pca or fha. They took a lotta guys down. Still maintain a little uniting go a long ways instead of trying to f the neighbor. Ethanol is the best thing that ever happened to my farm invested a lot of money in it lost some made some but would rather grow it sell it here than export. By the way got the ice auger out 15 years old nothing but 10% ethanol in it after sitting for 2 years started on third pull of course drained and put new in careful what you read about ethanol.

Haven't sen any soldiers die protecting a corn field.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

How about a rice field??  The last statement sort of  made me forget your good points.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Had an uncle that was in pearl he would of blown every rice field to bits given the chance.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Excellant  crophugger   -  E  85  goes in the suburban also ---

0 Kudos