cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

last compact flourescent

I think- all now replaced with LEDs.

I gather it is getting hard to find a place to dispose of the last of them. That was a problem.

Anyway, that was once a hot topic where old farts sit around complaining about windmills, solar cells, those electric cars or don't even get me started about the kids on my lawn.

Anyway, the LED is a considerable improvement. People believe in progress and human ingenuity except when they don't want to.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: last compact flourescent

It is hard to find new innovation that actually is "innovative".  And the number of new discoveries we have to plod through to find something that Proves to be "true and lasting".  Remember Obama's agitatorless washing machines, Chinese florescent dim bulbs, or low volume toilet.  We could do a dialogue on disappointing innovation...........................and not very marketable.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: last compact flourescent

Lol, yes I remember windmill cancer and all that- playing straight up for the bitter old fart vote plus some fossil fuel propaganda similar to what the guy put up here about the cow and pig tax. 

Anyway- I would add- I do still have one 40W incandescant bulb left. We have a light in a closet that comes on with a door switch. An incandescant is more- or at least equally- efficient in an application where it goes off and on for short durations. So I'm using them up there.

Replacing incandescants equals saving money, although if you did it straight up it probably took a year or so to recover the initial investment.

0 Kudos