cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vrbuck
Advisor

new export inspections

This weeks inspection sheet was pathetic, pityful. 

current week totals equal

803106 divided by 26 week equals 30889

wasde pace equal

1700/ by 53 week schedule equals 32000 per week to mee projections

the prior wasde report

1650 / by 53 week schedule equals 31132 per week o meet the last wasde report

804177 was last years inspection pace which we arent even meeting

When are they gonna take delivery of the sales that everyone is bragging about.  I know we have time left in the year, but shipping prices are at rock bottom prices and the dollar is higher then enything else in the world.  Why isn't china taking delivery now........... 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Redpower410280
Frequent Contributor

Re: new export inspections

Has to be corn at ports to load first. Cant fill them with air.
0 Kudos
Buckley_HF
Senior Contributor

Tweet by Arlan Suderman of Farm Futures today after inspections were released, "Corn export shipments to date exceed seasonal pace needed to hit target by 35 mln bu, but gap narrowed this week." Another one: "Soybean export shipments to date fall short of seasonal pace needed to hit USDA's target by 30 mln bu, but deficit is shrinking." Buck I believe that you believe what you print, I'm just not sure where the apparent discrepancy is. 

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Some people may not believe it until the augers start rattling.

0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/wa_gr101.txt

The real question is why are sudermans numbers off.  If you don't believe me here is he link to the usda web page.  I don't trust when so called experts, or even amateurs who think they are experts spout off with out verifying i first.  Go the link, we aren't covering any wasde set paces or even last years pace.

http://www.usda.gov/oce/commodity/wasde/latest.pdf

Here is the last wasde report, shipments are slow and they suck.  Do the math don't let someone else tell you what they want you to see, even in the computer age when everything can be accessed.

0 Kudos
oncearound
Veteran Contributor

"The real question is why are sudermans numbers off"....

are you really that ignorant vrbuck? you ever heard of the Census Bureau that tracks & reports all imports/exports that is also a Gov Agency? here's a tip for you, stay quiet and be thought a fool rather than continously typing and removing all doubt.......eh Mr. calling Crude Toast in the spring of '07?

0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

Read the numbers then around once instead of spouting nonsence.  I write fact not ficion and the link proves it.

0 Kudos
Buckley_HF
Senior Contributor

Buck, you wrote: "804177 was last years inspection pace which we arent even meeting."  Well this year's pace is 803106 which you and I can agree upon.  That would put us ONLY 1.071 million bushels behind last years pace.  Last year we exported 1.835 BILLION bushels.  This year USDA has a projection of 1.7 Billion bu, a difference of 135 million bu.  You make it sound disastrous that we are only 1 million behind last year yet we are suppose to export 135 million less this year? I'd say the USDA is low on exports by about 134 million bu as of their latest projection, maybe more if SA crop is as small as some believe.  Stop with this "pityful" export talk. 

0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

Then it better pick up the pace  because there was a late year inspection rally last year.  The math is unrefutable as far as the pace needed to make projections (number of weeks divided by accumulated inspections).  I hope you are right that the inspection pace will picks up to meet report but as of right now they are behind. 

The funny thing is your .35 million in export is pitance compared to the expected usda drop in ethanol demand.  The expected drop is ethanol usage is .5 billion compared to .35 million.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

USDA's PROJECTED export numbers are 135 million bushels LESS than last year.

Current export numbers say we are ONLY 1.07 million LESS than last year at this time.

This is a huge disparity.....133.93 million bushels worth.

Of course, exports could completely implode.....but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

One can't ignore the facts.

0 Kudos