Senior Contributor

Re: no bad yields seen on the pofarm tour

Mike, I'm glad to here that is your take in the whole thing. It is what it is. Basically entertainment or a social event. The idea of the tour does not bother me but I sure get tired of all the bitching and whining about it. I wish they would discontinue it so we don't have to listen to a week of crying about conspiracies and trespassing. It would be fine with me if they dropped it.
Frequent Contributor

I don't know Steve, I'm sorta glad there was something in the news this week besides idiots rioting in Ferguson.  

Veteran Advisor

Vrbuck I am currently on my own crop tour/vacation right now. I started out in Indiana and traveled west on I-80 on my way to South Dakota.The Illinois and Iowa corn crops looked very solid, minus a spot around Stewart Iowa that must have been hailed out. The one thing that has stuck out to me is the unusually large amount of soybean acres, even in Iowa.... I still believe pro farmer has overestimated the Indiana corn crop and I'm also unsure if we really have 83 million acres of corn out there.... Lots of beans! I'm not sure the US hits 14 billion bu of corn, but I think we will see record yields. Here in South Dakota the corn crop looks good overall. I haven't got to see the Minnesota crop yet, I hope to see some of the Minnesota crop later this week on my way to farm progress.
Senior Contributor

Well there is that I guess! I don't care for the tour and understand the principle being raised. Some of the comments made here are about as irrational as some of the behavior in Ferguson. Farmers need something to gripe about and this week it is the tour! Again, I don't care for the whole deal but I am just not that outraged about it I guess.
Senior Advisor

[ Edited ]

I have never understood why anyone would be opposed to more information. VR's comment about no bad spots is exactly right and something that farmers seem to refuse to want to acknowledge. Human's are a funny animal sometimes. Easy to see that we evolved from beasts. :-)   God had an amazing plan...a big bang followed by a few billion years of evolution bring us here. Really cool.

btw...widespread rains in August with lots of heat after is just about absolutely perfect for soybeans. just fwiw. Now don't go "flood damage" on me...4% of the area floods in the midwest, 96% doesn't.

Senior Advisor

Time - Did you miss most of the bad stuff the other night ? only got 3 or  tenths here from the big one - Glad I don't live in Blackford county : )  10.75 was a little much -

Advisor

Time, It isn't more information farmers are upset about it is information not on their side.  If the crop tour came through and said the corn is shot and it will rally to 8 every farmer would have a sign saying look at my crop here.  The fact they are complaining about a couple ears of corn out of their field is absurd.  They don't want to hear corn is ready to collapse so sell or hedge.  They would rather look for a scape goat or a boogey man to blame.  We are going to hear a lot of horror stories the next winter about farmers making payments on 12000 an acre land and million dollar lines of equipment and they are still holding 2013 corn in the bin.  More then likely they will try another write off campaign like the 80's where the rest of us have to pay their debts.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hey buck, will your take on this crop be as accurate as you were last year?
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=417540&posts=10&highlight=Yield&highlightmode=1...
Advisor

And I get banned while putting up with people like you.   Dude what you just did is a violation a agtalks term of conduct, and I had people do it over and over again, and I got banned, while those people can still post.  Thanks for proving my point.

Senior Contributor

This isn't agtalk, they don't prohibit you posting links to their site, and doesn't contain any vulgar or abusive language which you were shown to use and why in my opinion you lost your privilege to post there. I could care less if you post or not because there are others that can articulate a bearish argument without becoming abusive. There are those that will lose their privilege here also as they have demonstrated by eliminating some that have become abusive here. These aren't public forums with the rights you feel that have been accorded you. I could be banned if they feel I have done something that isn't appropriate for this site and I would except it .