cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: no frosted beans here in minnesota

No I disagree, the most brilliant of all genius's figure out how to coordinate a group so all can prosper.  The most self proclaimed of all genius's toot their own horn because no one else has blown it for them and they must hear it each and every day, Einstein.

Highlighted
Advisor

WD Gann died penniless and I think took his own life.
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Ice on the leaves here in nebraska and the beans are growing strong this afternoon. .never hurt em a bit. If we are up Monday I'm selling more cause $8 and then $7 are coming I'm afraid
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

I think you grow it, bin it, sell it guys are gonna be hurting like you can't imagine in a couple years from now. Especially planting $100 seed corn ouch! There's a definite yield drag there that's costing you more money than you can imagine.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Ice on windshields in north central ks.
I find it very hard that it wasn't lower to
The north. You will.not see damage in
A few days. Alot of bean planted after
Wheat. This didn't help matters any
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Now you're talking Shaggy! My sentiments exactly. Wish I were a genius!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Who's wd gann?

Anyways, I don't see how one wise person could make everyone prosperous... This marketing/growing business is a range of probabilities and risk management ... You should act on what is likely to make money ... What is likely to make money won't always...

The problem after that is people like to disagree with one another and disagree on the probability of certain scenarios generating x% of loss/reward... Therein lies the basis for heated argument.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Kyu, pretty full of it aren't you?

Most of us gbs guy's are old school. We no longer buy or have things that aren't paid for the day we bring them home. Our cost of production are numbers you can't fathom. 

It has nothing to do with yield per acre or being the biggest spender. It is all about profit and roi. As my investment has been paid for for many years even roi is immaterial. Return over cash out expenses is ALL that is important for financial survival. 

All that B.S. about land charges and foolishness like that is just that. 

The goal around here is to raise the minimum yield for the maximum profit with the smallest out of pocket expense.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

like i always think the crops still have to be harvested

the market manupilation continues so we have cheap comodities so some one can make profits without even growing the crop.

say we do harvest a big crop will it be worth planting next year if corn is 2.50 and beans 8.00 might be a good year to summerfallow and reduse the losses.  just wondering

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Oh hobby where would.you be without your inheritance? I can't believe you ****ed away a years profit in Kansas by idling land. Are you the 3rd generation? You know what they say about the 3rd generation. .is your wife Ok with the decisions you make with her families land? Are there other siblings that could a used the money from rent or a decent crop?
0 Kudos