cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

note to staff, have a request

some of you travel and converse in diverse ag circles.

IMO our commodity groups and farm groups could be doing more to promote our product.

There is zero reason why we shouldn't be at E30 at this point, and biodiesel should be on a growth chart.

We are always on the defense and never on the offense.

Made in the USA, cleaner fuel, and you don't need an aircraft carrier to protect it.  IF ever there was a time to push, now is it.  Glut of grain and USA first with a nice bonus of cleaner fuel.

So, not sure if you could help out or not, but someone needs to light a fire in the our commodity groups bellies.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruzs-first-attempts-to-adjust-ethanol-mandate-not-well-receiv...

FYI and then we have this clown.

Someone needs to remind Trump that's its the moonshine making crowd that brought him to the dance.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
clayton58
Veteran Advisor

Re: note to staff, have a request

+1000, and a big part of that needs to be promoting biofuels to the motoring public.  If we create Consumer Demand, we dont need to worry about RFS and Government.

0 Kudos
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

just asking........how many of "us" use biodiesel ?   I can't get it !!

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

That's my point elcheapo. Can't hardly find it and it should be everywhere. Also I have to drive 60 miles to find a blender pump. There should be one in every town and E30 should be the standard handle. Same MPG more power and cleaner air.

Like I said, if some of he staffers or managers of this site could start rattling some cages about this I think several of us here and on NAT would be glad to help push, just hard to know where and how.

This needs to be a grass roots push
0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I was all gung ho on biodiesel until I had a combine gell up and stall on the road in some cold weather, it was dangerous and my own stupid fault, but after that, I have nothing to do with biodiesel.  After one bad experience, I don`t care about "increased lubricity" and such, it`s spoiled me on the product like WWI Army guys came back never wanting to eat mutton again.   But you guys go ahead and use it by all means   Smiley Happy

But are we ever going to be happy with prices?  If grains get higher, more K-Mart parking lots will be plowed up and planted to corn and in a year, we`ll be right back where we started. 

"Dr Poormarketer or How I learned to Love Low Prices"

image.png

0 Kudos
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

BA brought up one point on biodiesel, it does not do well in cold weather.
But, alot of farm Diesel is used in the warmer
Months when it would work just fine, look at
All the biodiesel that could be used

But big oil wants their money

Note Tweety does not talk about it and
Good odds were going to cut ethanol
0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Used  BIO - in all weather types in over the road trucks - NO noticeable adverse effects year around,  although  IF anyone thought they  MIGHT have used it in cold weather, poor press releases followed ---

- 40  degree operations could be a problem for #2 distillate of any blend---

I have experimented with as much as 30 bio blend in Caterpillar & Detroit applications with temp ranges of 20deg  to 120 deg frequently ---   

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

BA. Your response is exactly what I'm talking about.

Tired of the ag community just settling.

r3020
Senior Advisor

We use 2% bio. Works great after we changed all of the fuel filters.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Had some @ BIO-20% mix while in California, hoping for an exhaust check at weigh station, although was never pulled over to have a conversation even though we were '' O. D. '' wide & heavy ?

0 Kudos