cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor

ok, How many of you guys are being honest with your wife and your kids

about how big of mess your in with marketing this crop.  How do you explain to them you bet on some guy called tiger and prescribed to a market thought process called"hammer marketing" LOL.

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: ok, How many of you guys are being honest with your wife and your kids

My wife and kids have been overjoyed the last five years.........and there is still plenty of time to market this 2014 crop. The extra money from the last five years has paid down debt and actually left a balance in the old savings account.

But thanks for asking ........and have a nice weekend.       Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Did you know

The number of people who starved to death in the last 25 years of the 20th century is less than the number who starved to death in the last 25 years of the 19th century.

See: Food fast facts
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Very nice go after people through their family I am surprised you did not mention the dog too. Stay out of my head it is a very bad neighborhood.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Looks like somebody else slithered over here from the other site. You and Buck must be brothers
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

My bet on this deal is this..

The money  missed out this year pales in comparison to all the high prices missed out the last eight years by listening to the experts that had so many selling 25 to 40% under the market prices that were available at delivery time for that crop.

Being right 12 to 25% of the time is a good thing for you?   Carry on,  Keep talking ... you haven't made the sale yet. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Did you know

Did you know on this date in 1876 that "Wild Bill" Hickok, one of the greatest gunfighters of the American West, is murdered in Deadwood, South Dakota.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Did you know

Hey farsider that is a TID bit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Some hit both sides of this deal, better hope its not your motivated neighborSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Advisor

why because we have been right all year?  Hedgefund farmer post to get a rise out of you I post to inform you.  I am not an ogre, but just because the market has crashed like I warned you I am an evil villan?  Grow up and grow a pair we have seen this play out before.  

The next  step in the process is digging out of the massive carryout.  It will take at least two years before we see any real price improvement.  You farmers that think you will store the last of your 13 crop into 15 will have a rude awakening.  All markets will be capped at 4.40 and if we see a 180 national yield all rallies are capped at 4.00.  It won't turn around until the farmer thinks he finally has it figures out and sells the carry in HTA's and prices through the insurance.  Then it bottoms and rallies to 5 plus.  You can find a villain to blame, you can cry  conspiracy from the government, or you can look in the mirror.  12,000 acre land doesn't pay for itself and  350,000 dollar combines don't pay for themself.  The new house you built for momma wont pay for itself.  Study history and don't think we are in a new era.  Plan the work and work the plan.