cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: old Crop Peaks?

If so (sarcasm understood but point taken) I've got a little they can have for 15$. Ill under bid by 1.25 just because I feel generous
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

SW, I love the post! I agree with you. It would be a complete nightmare. We have to wait 3 hours sometimes at the terminal to unload. Get 2-3 loads delivered if were lucky on those days. How many truck loads does an average barge carry? Can you imagine how many trucks it would take to empty one in a timely fashion. Then haul it 150 miles to wait in line for 3 hours to unload. I think it's unrealistic. Maybe some coastal processors can import for a resonable price. Other than that, I say it's "a bunch of malarkey".

Honored Advisor

Buck,

Thanks for the kindness Buckley.  I don't always deserve it.

Cx,

Your talking about a farmer feeder here.  I am telling you what probably happened.  And he is going to tell you he bought corn for $4 for his cows.------------------ life's full of characters.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

alright, i'm a little slow.

sw, you are a literary genius!!

point being that the idea we run out no biggy b/c SA is awash being bs. yeah, i can see why the board won't weaken it's invertedness till Sep 15 at the earliest!! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Here I am been waiting for the first time to have the best opportunity to post to a pertinent subject that I am truly interested in and then all I get is this "all in fun" posts............My 21 year old ask me what gives on the market today and I don't have a answer so I looked at this board for answers...........Still don't have one to give him.......what was the theme for today's rally...."all kidding aside".......thankyou from a avid fan of this board posting for the first time!

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

welcome from the dark into the light, as Mike would say, HH.farm!

it's in serious (business) fun.Smiley Wink

I believe ETOH and foriegn buying was story for corn.......of course--not too much planting this week either.

beans are getting a late plant start and old in a clearcut "tightness" uptrend.... 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

I believe he was making a shopping list of possible charges that could be made against grain coming into the US.  A lot like the telephone providers cramming your bill with a bunch of small but cummulative charges. A lot of little charges that would make the importing of the grain too expensive to be a viable option, unless the buyer was sitting on a port like Willmington.

0 Kudos
Contributor

thankyou cx1.........ive been in the darkness in posts but I have had a flashlight to follow your words of wisdom........thankyou because I have admired your wisdom in your posts........Just so everyone knows I also have had a call from the elevator saying the bean processors have been backing off there bids and that the 15 dollar bid is one that should be looked at !!

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

you're welcome HH. I believe the chat helps all our business' and keeps life in perspective.

where are you located? esp. in inverted yrs, everyones local basis and experience contributes to the whole.

are u done planting?

thanks,

c-x-1 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Nebraska..........half done with corn........The big boys are just starting beans today........I have commercial cows .......Too many for right now.......I was teasing a big farmer at a graduation party this weekend that I could slow him down a bit if I would volunteer my services to get him a 100 head of bred heifers for him at the sale barn that was "guaranteed" to be bred to a easy calving bull!

0 Kudos