cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

" Some wonderful deal". Talk about betrayal by the trump administration.

Anybody else bother to read the Supplemental Rule.  Over the past three years, EPA has granted some 85 "small" refinery exemptions equivalent to some 4.2 billion gallons.  

The EPA's Supplemental Rule proposed to reallocate some 770 million gallons to non-exempt refineries next year 2020.  Now, 4.2 billion divided by 3 isn't 770 million but 1400 million gallons, almost twice as much.  Essentially they are under stating the current level of exemptions by using the much lower 2016 number in the 3 year average.

What's that old saying, " figures don't lie but liars sure figure".

So not only are they low-balling the 2020 reallocation but there's absolutely no mention of the reallocation of the  4.2 already lost.

Well, I guess farmers are getting what they deserve.

If you care to comment you should be able to do that here: https://www.regulations.gov/comment?D=EPA-HQ-OAR-2019-0136-0352 

7 Replies
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: A comment in passing, calls from seed dealers and fertilizer vendors

I've been getting calls from seed dealers and fertilizer vendors about seed and fertilizer for next year.  The seed salesman wants to sell me even more seed next year than this past year.

It seems to me that if they really wanted to sell their products they'd comment on this screw job by the trump administration, too.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Talk about insulting the farmers' intelligence.

Talk about insulting farmers' intelligence, the trump administration must think farmers are really dumb to even put a ridiculous deal like that out there and then call it "a wonderful deal".

Or maybe I'm wrong.

WCMO
Senior Advisor

Not wrong, and I have written my Congressman, Senators, EPA and the President -- everyone should do the same.

illinifarmer
Advisor

Thanks wmco , I also have done so as should everyone else concerned with their future.  I sure hope it helps them at least consider what they are responsible for, knowing damn well they won’t react. Maybe just a moment of morality or humanity. 

0 Kudos
illinifarmer
Advisor

WCMO*

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

As I've said many times, even though Big Ag is a dues paying member of The Evil Blob it is still a very junior partner to The Big Dog.

The original ethanol effort occurred at a very fortuitous point where Big Oil desperately needed out of their MTBE disaster.

But they are not your friends. Nor are the people they've installed in this swamp.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I don't know if anyone remembers this but,

BTW, as far as juggling the allocations around, opening up E-15 etc. they are kinda playing with the one rock solid justification for grain ethanol- as an oxygenating agent.

The VOC issues are real and the reason why 10% blending was made to work with the summer/winter rotation.

Shoulda just left it all alone. If the small refeineries experienced a hardship there were other ways to address that.