cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: rain totals

We ended up with 3.25 here in NW Kansas and appears to be pretty well over. Very nice and badly needed rain. Maybe plant milo in a few days.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Is there adequate supply of milo seed in the plains now that it has rained??

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Why would this rain create more milo seed? Seems like this rain would aid next years supply.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Crop progress repor says the crop is 67% planted

guess I was thinking that more moisture increased the possibility of more acres, or getting more of the intended acres planted

pls let me know what I am missing if that is not the case

Ray J

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Shaggy - IF your last post is to Ray -- Then I'm just shaken my head -- WITH an eye roll -- lmao    Glad to here its to muddy to do anything !

Tried to sidedress alittle bit ago - still to wet , last week , ened up with 3.7 , plus  3 tenths yesterday morning , calling for more heavy rain tonight thur the next couple of days .

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I'm glad to see saggy checked in here, was
Getting worried he might have washed away
Looking at the radar in his neighborhood.
Guess need to call coast guard and tell them
To recall the rescue copter.

While the rain is welcome, we are still
behind. A couple of weeks in the 90's
And a south wind, and.we'll be back
Where we.started.

Boy wouldn't a clamato taste good now.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

People must think us desert farmers change plans weekly. We've got plans from the beginning just like everyone, not sure if this rain will create anymore milo acres, but it should help the intended ones off to a good start. I'm sure everyone who is planning on milo acres had their seed in line last fall already, if they didn't I guess it's their own fault.

No Coast Guard needed yet, right at 1" near the house and probably nearing 2" out at the farm. It'll take a few days to get dried out, but I'm sure planters and drills will be running like crazy once that happens. Not a single day forecasted to be above the upper 80's this week so drying will take a while.

I believe it's been nearly 10 months since we've had rain all day long and we needed every drop of it. Now if we can only pick up some in season moisture we've got a chance for a crop 2 consecutive years.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

ECI - Finished my sidedress this morning. Finished with the last bit of beans Saturday, last week's rain softened things up enough for the drill to get through the crust. All my beans are coming up spotty due to lack of moisture (and poor soil contact with this old drill.)
0 Kudos
Contributor

We have missed most of the rain as well here in northern Illinois. Even knocked some hay down the end of last week that usually draws a thunderstorm or two finished baling today got one tenth over the weekend. We have tiles that have run for twenty years straight that have been dry since last summer. We'll take anything you guys could send up this way.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

First off it is great to see some posts by some that don't post often.

Second unlike the shag man stated I have had four plans for the same acres in Kansas

Right now I am contemplating a total change to plan # 5. Going to wait a day or two and see what the probe says this rain event did to the moisture profile. All of my Kansas slice of heaven got at least 3 inches, a real God sent blessing.

0 Kudos