cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjoseph
Frequent Contributor

shipping from arg up the miss

Lot of talk of corn coming from south amer up the mississippi. First how much does it cost to buy at the ports then how much to ship it then to unload and load then ship up the old miss. to me this does not seem possible until corn would hit closer to 8.50 in chicago.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: shipping from arg up the miss

I don't see the Chitown price making any difference.

Product will get shipped if

It is not available here, It is available there, there is a no way to do with out it for a while.

The other thing is, if you need it in 90 days you better already have it bought and scheduled.

This is not a next week I'll need it thing.  

0 Kudos
nitefarm
Advisor

The corn was bought last year before the price  got this high . This was told to me by a gavalon person , also corn going to east coast.

0 Kudos
jjoseph
Frequent Contributor

If it was bought last year , i would think they would have bought it before the run up in aug. If this is so I would like to get a hold of there crystal ball. Does your informant have any price or time perameters ?  Seems to good to be true. Still would like to know what all that shippng would cost per bu and what price they can buy it at the ports.

0 Kudos
Farmerjoe79
Senior Contributor

Nitefarm if I was you I would not believe anything a gavalon corn buyer is telling you. Ps. Don't let them pull the wool over your eyes.lol
0 Kudos
Farmerjoe79
Senior Contributor

Nitefarm do you have any old crop left?
0 Kudos
Farmerjoe79
Senior Contributor

By the time august comes around and endusers finally are figuring out we are going to run out of corn it will be to late to get south america corn up here. Now that ethanol plants are running in the green it is only going to happen faster. Bye the way it is looking we will be lucky to get out in the field the first of may.
0 Kudos
Buckley_HF
Senior Contributor

I think bears are getting pretty desperate if their next big argument is that we will be pulling SA corn into the Midwest to supplement our short comings this summer. Yes a few cargoes may land on the east coast but come on. With the amount endusers use in the Midwest it's Crazy to believe it can economically or LOGISTICALLY be possible. Bears, if you bought 1mmt today from brazil when do you honestly think you could get it to central IL or Iowa. My guess would be after harvest begins. Doesn't make sense
0 Kudos
Buckley_HF
Senior Contributor

I guess my point is that endusers can have the rest of our 2012 production. But it's gonna take 8$ to get it. Dribbled some out yesterday at 7.50 so a little ways to go. But my guess is 8$ from me is cheaper than X bu from brazil at this point.
0 Kudos
nitefarm
Advisor

Farmerjoe79 yes I have about half of what little Yellow corn we raised last year(53 bu./ac.on 2250 acres)yet to sell. As to needing a crystal ball, I did not have one but I got out of my one contract one morning and they owed me 10 cents, at the close I would have owed them 30 cents, and it only got worse after that . As far as not trusting them well I do trust this one person, have known him a long time before it was Gavalon.

0 Kudos