cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

soy inspections pace quickening still

from cmeproup.com:

Weekly export inspections came in at 87.8 million bushels as compared with 82.6 million last week and just 22.6 million necessary each week to reach the USDA projection for the year. Cumulative shipments have reached 35.1% of the USDA projection for the year as compared with 29.2% as average for this time of the year

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NDf
Senior Contributor

Re: soy inspections pace quickening still

Cx-1 I shouldn't hijack your thread. but I'm thru with harvest and field work and a good steak supper sounds good about now how are you going to make good on your bet?

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

no worries - not a hijacking...it's a fair question.....i can't stand sore losers...it was a fair deal - and I learned more about just how tough nature and life is --- a great reminder!!!

I'd love to come up to the Great white north and meet u and go to dinner, but seeing as that's not very probable -- r u able to pm?

you could send me your address or po box and i'll send u a gift card - just tell me about what you think meal will cost and I'll make goodSmiley Wink -- or if you can think of another way - tell me.

i'm not sure if it was you, but you or some one was saying they didn't have email....I suppose even if you don't, PM should work.

c-x-1

0 Kudos
NDf
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the reply and the offer for the effort to pay off the bet. No need to though since we live so far apart just give it to the local food bank if you want. I just had to give you one more I told you so yes I hate people that say that too LOL.. Leason to be learned was that the odds are high that delayed planting type rallies are met to be sold.

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

NDf,

wish I could insist here - you could call Jeff C, give 'em a po box-he's got my email - be my pleasure to honor this - logistics aren't an issue this day 'n age.

You are correct, i learned alot this growing season - never seen a spring like we had....if the heat would have cranked up before it did and for longer, might've been more of an issue. what kinda averages did you end up with on C/B?...didn't you say you were nearest Grand Forks?

thanks

0 Kudos
NDf
Senior Contributor

It's  no fun eating without the loser of the bet sitting across from a guy LOL! As far as yields are concern bean fields ranged from 33 to 48 with a farm ave of 39 bu/a a little above ave. I'm kind of embarassed that i was so far off on the beans as I predicted yields of 22 to 38 bu/a in myfields with an ave of 30. Never could predict yields in soybeans. Corn yields were also a little above ave for the whole farm. Field averages were any where from 60bu/a (to wet) to over 200bu/a. Actually my location is in se corner of ND just N of the  border with SD and 30 miles W of the MN border. 

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

wow, I think i remember when you thought under 30 on soy...that is a big, nice surprise.

i hear ya on sitting across from a guy. i was tryin' to be sly and slip one to an Applebees but you aren't cooperatingSmiley Happy

0 Kudos