soybean story

A comprehensive story about in soybeans:

soybeans

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: soybean story

"We have no more soybeans left to ship."  .......................................Imagine that.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Article sounds like talking out of both sides of the mouth.......so is it going up or down?...........we all know pigs eat .........and get slaughtered!

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Agree good assesment,

Is the cancelations paragraph an attempt to be "balanced".   Been hearing it for four months now.  and it hasn't happened.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

No, no, no, We have massive supplies.

Don't you get it ?  Sell now before the price collapse.

Oh yea most already did. I did yesterday, at least enough to core the two bins that are piled to the roof (literally). First sale of last year's production, little over $14... 

Had no plans to sell them this year but... Bigger #'s will be put into consideration for an attitude adjustment.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

great overview.

thanks, saturated!

ya gotta love the disclaimer - US has lowest stocks/use in almost 50 yrs, but it won't last---when we run out by April, somehow prices will retreat right about the same time. Hmmm.

- hey, maybe the spring rains will be in the form of soy instead of water???

agreed, sw -- they can't cancel what's already been shipped - but they can still threaten - "Alice in wonderland" are where the storytellers are finding themselves.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Need I remind folks that we are not near record prices with the supplies at these levels.   The end users have been buying our soybeans "on sale" for the last several months because the USDA says......."Don't worry, be happy.  We predict that we will have record acres and record yields in 2014."

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Not a bean producer so it takes me a while to decipher between facts and sarcasm. That being said, if we are out of soys, would prices be moving much higher? Or is it that we've got enough for domestic use and just not enough for export.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

There is supposed to be five ship loads out of SA headed this way.

We are not out of beans.... yet

Basis is still negitive here in the heartland. Even at Bunge West they are bidding with a - sign basis. No shortage till after the basis goes positive. Got to be lots of beans in eastern Nebraska, western Iowa. Still a month from prime planting time.

Wife is on a diet, I have to devour that pie all by myself. Just one of life's little burdens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

just gettin' back to thread here.

SA just might have them some great profits on the beans they sell to US later in the yr.

Shaggy, likin it to the calm before a storm.....

another analogy i like - the theatre is on fire, there is 1 exit - it still looks small....and the AUTHORITIES have assured ALL, that everything is under control (fire's been ID'd, isolated & there is no more risk of accelerant spreading) so they can all disregard the "little annoyance" and enjoy the show.

stay tuned for the rest of the story....................

0 Kudos