cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sw363535
Honored Advisor

soybeans

Don't ya just wonder if we're ever going to have an up day in soybeans..... They have just lost most of their volatility.

I hope they buy a bunch, but If they don't they're fools......  This is cheap and will not sustain production levels of the last 10 years.  After those 8 years of no inflation when sprayers, tractors, trucks, and land doubled in price.  

The way the parasites are cherping sell 20% or take advantage because this might be your only chance to sell below the cost of production for 2020....(at least that is what I hear.)  ya I twisted it.  But it all sounds like bla-bla-bla

Lets all go out there and be safe...... try to plant something you can make a profit on and be happy.   Because there is no way we're going to ever make as much profit per acre as the chemical companies that own our seed stock.  Usda and congress guaranteed that by granting patent protection for activity that is not unique and promising not to enforce monopoly laws.  That is how you get the BIG government checks.

Cotton looks like it will be king in the south and grow more acres.  Beans will see far fewer fringe acres.

Corn will never have the acres usda will predict.. so be sure you leave a feed patch for the cows and enjoy a few..  They bring a smile to the kids and keep the speed down on the dirt roads.

7 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: soybeans

I see people talking about the "great grain robbery" the

Russians pulled off in the last century.

They are lamenting about it happening again with the

Chinese.

Be just fine with me...

We are awash in the stuff according to all the experts and

USDA.

Chinese hand grinder sales should sky rocket as many

will need one to cut the welds off of their bin

doors.

Might make Mr sell 20% look for a ditch digging job.

We are 3¢ under $9.00 cash beans ADM Des Moines this

afternoon.

Would like nothing more than the CBOT traders to get

caught short in this market.

sw363535
Honored Advisor

no I won't accept that as a solution........ it was a continuing description of the problem --- and a very good one.

The great grain robery of wheat in the early 70's didn't seem to include lining political pockets.... This one most certainly will to get congressional approval......... the nancy effect.  Pay per view..  Pay per announcement... 

But think about the idea............ how does one go about buying even 20 billion dollars worth of grain and not affect the market price......   we got a lot of people working on it.  We interview some of them right here at SF.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Hobby ya got a great point that soaks in slow for me.

Our focus has been wrong.  Our priority should not be selling grain from our bins.

We gotta learn how to sell usda bushels.  Half price ---free delivery--- two for one.  As long as government 

They are imaginary bushels so cut the price in half and deliver them in a small UPS box.

If we force the buyer to buy from usda first, we can get somewhere.  

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Nobody can buy soybeans from the USDA.........all they produce is paper.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Would   nylon  ,  carry  the  burden  of   fake  cotton  -  ? 

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

No problem at usda we don't distinguish between varieties of white stuff.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Is  the  Cotton  Check- Off  program  still   mandatory  -  or  is  it  a  nylon  knock  off  -  ? 

0 Kudos