cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Advisor

still a bear, I guess

Looking at grains alone I do see reasons for looking for a bottom here- oversold, VRBuck's time price calc (thanks), China on the fundamental side.

But I guess I'm sticking with that one that brung me- the overall financial trend- and I really, really didn't like the stock market action of the last couple of days- huge upside breadth on modest volume Thursday, extremely light volume with a quick short squeeze at the end yesterday.

Concern about equities, credit spreads etc. needs to be reconciled with a possible top, near term in the dollar. Not sure how that will play out- these sorts of market interrealationships don't stay in place forever but the immediate future for that is very unclear.

I guess it is a good thing I don't have to do anything, 100% sold '09, 100% covered in one fashio or another for '10, not enough price to get excited about starting '11.

fwiw, h

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rightone
Senior Contributor

Re: still a bear, I guess

Looks alot like 03 to me.   ( Record Exports ended up driving most everything by end of 03 ) 

I figure mostly 25% net cash UPs on about every agri commodity now thru year end.

Things like cattle though, say a 50% UP. 

The foods reduction affect of the oil spill will come into play soon now. 

Soo nox, we'll pray for ya ( and drink a couple Shiner Bocks for ya too). 

We'll Expect to find You over here on the "flip side" so to speak in a couple weeks too.

0 Kudos
dapper7
Senior Contributor

rightone, dont know if the consumer will pay for 130.00 fat cattle. but ive been wrong before. looks like temporary bottoms to me. still big hat, no cattle. d7

0 Kudos
rightone
Senior Contributor

Meat Exports last quarter are up 30 to over 40% in EVERY category ( Beef especially ) as comped to 09.

The usa consumer perhaps does not have much choice on pricing of the high end products.

Grind beef demand IS thru the roof . 

It appears THAT is what the usa consumer prefers now. 

Cull cows here next week will be $67 and we'll be say $80 + cwt on those by mid July.

Feeder cattle here gettin real reasonable now ( Finally ), couple dry areas movin em out here.    

0 Kudos
jrsiajdranch
Veteran Advisor

Rightone I saw a simmi cow bring 71.50$ last week.  I got 63.5$ for one cow.

I have this feeling this is the week of the years lows in all agri products.  Not willing to bet on it but sure leaning that way. JR

0 Kudos
rightone
Senior Contributor

Same feeling here.  

btw looks like we've put in long term "marker " lows so we probably will never even be close to current levels again. 

Whole deal also appears to be in Cash/Physical expansion mode too.  

Especially in areas like the Pac Basin. 

Perhaps some pretty well founded fears out there that contracting thru a paper game is fine...IF the game still exists when one needs their product.

0 Kudos