cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

the video........

He pretty much summed up the problem with this country in a few short sentences..........and that 47 percent will never change.........

And how about those soya......will 1625 hold.........corn seems to be holding support at around 747??????

0 Kudos
38 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: the video........

Exactly. Pretty darn refreshing to finally hear some REAL talk out of a politicians mouth. This will be picked up by the left leaning media but in the end may actually turn out to be a positive. We need more straight talk like this
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Among the 47% who feel entitled are farmers with subsidized crop ins. and DCP cash and conservation payments and cost- share pay etc...

There is probably nothing that could radicalize someone more thoroughly than listening to grain farmers beeyatch about everybody else being on the dole.

0 Kudos

How much you gonna collect in crop insurance payments this year?

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Take government outta farming and I bet grain prices would be as high or higher yet.......

Food security comes at a cost one way or another........

Hardly consider that on the dole........the added cost would just be passed down to the consumer directly.......
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

agree mt

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

And you just proved my point.......if crop insurnace wasn't subsidized then premiums next year would be thru the roof.......how many marginal acres would get planted then......
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Quite a few the first year and then if Mother Nature did not fully cooperate the next year would be the watershed event year.

Now just speaking for myself ONLY, On my NW Ks properties even though the crop insurance thing is still good enough for continuous crop at this point, if in any given spring there isn't a 4 ft moisture profile it will be summer followed. With the things I remember from my childhood of living even farther west than that and my experience and observations out there, wheat and milo on dryland are my choices  there. Maybe beans once in a while but to me an every other year Milo crop looks to be a very viable option in that near desert area.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Hahaha!

So, we're not on the dole even if we get more than a someone on welfare on an annual basis. Come on! Now you're just rationalizing !!!!  A buck is a buck.

Certainly the 2% doesn't need to be on the dole when they pay less taxes than you or I !  Let's call a spade a spade for a change !

0 Kudos