Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Hahaha!

And I wasn't even thinking about the subsidized insurance!   Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Contributor

Re: the video........

The 47 percent he was talking about don't pay FEDERAL tax. But they do or may pay

Payroll Tax

State Income Tax

Property Tax either directley or through paying their landlord

Sales Tax

What about SS and Medicare

I am sure I have forgotten some. Seems like Mitt put his foot in his mouth, again.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

You ought to find out who those in the 47% are and why they don't pay federal income tax. He is suggesting that the 47% are free loaders and they want to be. Insulting the whole group without consideration of those that are natural republicans ( many retired seniors) prolife voters, disabled folks.

Mitt Romney is telling people who he really is and uncaring nonempathetic lout. He would represent people like him because they are the only people of value. Completely ignoring that those that pay payroll taxes actually pay a high tax rate than he does. And he forgets the billions he pulled out of treasury hog trough.

OR perhaps once again he is playing to the crowd he is in( the donors) and he cannot retract because of his base ( the baggers). I think you are looking at political self destruction. Watch the polls Red. You will learn from it.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Farmers are no different than anybody else.  

What gets on the nerves is seeing to anyone point out farm subsidies. It's an admission of limited thinking capacity.  

Like they're(farm subsidies) special.  Every person and community in this country is getting federal dollars in some form or another----from new sidewalks to landfills to schools or even roads to drive on.  or the direct payments we see as 60% of the $$$ going through the checkout line------the grocer and all his paytrons, his bank, his employees, his community--all recieves that benefit.  Fire fighting services--the new business in the area is probably funded by federal subsidies, tax gift,----and if you turn to energy, wind, ethanol, nuclear--------------public services--------------------railroads----airports-----------------------The public is flooded with federal subsidies-- all "doled" out for a prupose.  We all take the money--------ewg targeted farming becauce it is a small number of folks and an easy target to paint an ugly, small picture knowing that a lot of us will never look at the bigger picture.  They didn't give a rip about ag or the small communities we live in, it was just for a political agenda.  If 60% of america still lived rural, we would have gotten an ewg website targeting cities taking federal funds for the same agenda, hoping to sway rural votes. 

And if you think that subsidizing ag through farm subsidies didn't help the public by encouraging production in "0" profit years------------enjoy the present shortage, it is a glimpse of what the last 60 yrs might have been it we only planted crops that made a profit.

-------------------------------- and no Kraft------------I am not changing my political views-------------------------------------  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Mitt Romney is telling people who he really is and uncaring nonempathetic lout.  

Really,  Kraft-t,  When you make a statement like that, I lose all respect for you.  Please self control your unjust statements. 

Please tomorrow go out and produce a fulltime job for someone.  Pay there wages and produce a evil profit so you can stay in biz.   If you don't make  a profit, take your hard earned money and give to the employee regardless of how much is produced. And then keep giving until your broke.  

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

This probably belongs in Ag Forum, but here it goes.  Once a nanny state is created which we basically have now in the U.S., the way to get more votes is to give more freebies to those with their hand out.  Let's be real honest here folks.  Obama got a lot of the farm vote in 2008 because he was supposedely more favorable towards ethanol than McCain.  I remember Farm Bureau and the rest of the Ag. groups throwing all their support behind Obama because of this.  Thus, he offered up more freebies.  With 47% paying no federal income taxes, they have no skin in the game.  Therefore, they will vote for the one giving them the most.  This is why a much simpler tax code is warranted.  If we had a consumption tax instead of an income tax, everyone would have skin in the game.  What those who don't pay federal income tax do not understand is the enormous tax Bernanke has placed upon them with his cheap dollar policy.  There aren't a lot of that 47% who don't have to buy gas or food. 

Those who are against a consumption tax are against it because they claim it unfairly treats the poor.  However, they don't seem to have a problem with all the other various taxes that do exactly the same.  I've yet to see someone who is poor pay less gas tax at the pump than someone who is rich.  I've yet to see the poor pay a lesser tax on cable, phone, cell phone, sales tax, etc. than someone who is rich.  Even with these various taxes that supposedely treat the poor unfairly hasn't caused most to go without.  Most people even the poor have a car they put gas into, have a cell phone, have cable, etc.  The poor consume less than the rich, thus they'd be paying a smaller tax.  I have a feeling people might very well vote differently if they had skin in the game.   

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Have you even considered the millions that hold full time jobs but aren't paid enough to owe taxes. They still pay payroll taxes. The seniors that are beyond their productive years. The disabled and the unemployed that can't find jobs. He has scratched off  47% of the population as a burden on society that aren't worthy of his consideration.

If I were Romney, I would want everyones vote and would never look with disdain on anyone. He was born with a silver scoop shovel in his mouth and has a superiority complex that just won't quit.

I haven't lost respect for you. I've lost respect for him

0 Kudos
Highlighted

MT

Let's say you get $300K in crop insurance proceeds this year at a subsidy level of 60% so you got $200K from the gummint there plus whatever. Since the $2-3K that many families get in food stamps are just that- families- so we're talking a couple hundred beneficiaries to equal you. Hypothetically, of course.

I listen to this crap every day from people who are pretty limited in both intellect and moral discernment but appear to be virtually certain that  they are high on Jesus' preferred list of future rapturees because they have some money or identify with those who do. They do seem to gravitate toward preachers- both religious and secular- who will tell them so.

What I see is more like the Good German who slowly became convinced of a paradigm where genocidal fascism made perfect sense.

Whatever hardship the country goes through I'm determined to try to do it without scapegoating the most vulnerable.

Honored Advisor

Not sure, 

but I think the point of the statement the candidate made was------the republican rebuttle to the democratic "increase income tax" message is not going to be effective on those who "think" they do not pay income taxes.  According to a Washington data organization that is approximately 47% of the public-------democrat and republican alike.

Thats why the "its counter productive to increase income tax" message doesn't work very well no matter how right it might be.  And the "tax the rich" message buys votes because 47% of DEms And Repubs see the other guy paying our way, no matter how stupid that idea is.  There are so few rich as a % of the population------those taxes are only a drop in the proverbial spending "bucket".  But we all know that---we're just out buying votes.

The man was being honest in a synical dishonest world---------------!!!!!!!------------------- Maybe he should give us a month of "blunt honesty" instead of tax strategy.  That would sure shock us all-----------we probably wouldn't recognize it and just think he's crazy.  

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: MT

Would farmers be better off with or without the goverenment subsidies and payments?

0 Kudos