cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Advisor

thought we might see a stronger open

after looking at the wx maps.

Corn and beans moderately higher with bear spreads prevailing.

Maybe the break in baisis on old crop really did knock some of the spunk out.

See you in the morning.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Wrestler
Senior Contributor

Re: thought we might see a stronger open

It's 5-27. The O Knows crowd is chirping as much as they can. Some idiots are also predicting that only 80% of intended acres will get planted. Crops mostly grow.

0 Kudos
hanktbd
Senior Contributor

With the specs and funds on the run lately, methinks the big commercials are firmly in control of this market. They been there and done that and most likely know already they will have to pay more for grain going out, but will work into it gradually with a few breaks to shake loose any paranoid or weak hands.

WCWISC
Veteran Contributor

Wrester, your right, it is 5-27, and some of the most productive ground in this country isn't planted and is under water. SE Minnesota, NE Iowa, SW Wisconsin, and NW Illinois. I got news for you, thats 200+ bushel ground on an average year. Not gonna happen this year. Not to mention North Dakota and Northern Minnesota. As for me, I'm 50% done with corn and 0% on beans. It's not because lack of effort, I've been in the field every chance I've had. Saw two guys stuck yesterday on my way to the planter. Had to chuckle, because we've been stuck more this year than I'd like to admit to. I'm sure glad I haven't sold any new crop corn......... because I probably won't have any. That's ok though, I have a whole pile of old crop to sell. 

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Nox,

Don't ya think it is time for the new crop months to start leading the way??

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Yeah, sw,

..........was going to say the new Corn gapping up 6 cents on the open is a pretty clear statement.....we'll see where all the prices and spreads are by the end of week!

in fact, sw------i'm gonna put up a dec corn chart all nice 'n labeled just for you!!!!!

0 Kudos