cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
425Cat
Advisor

toppy??

Corn beans wheat looking a little toppy. Been taking some bites last two days. Dont trust Monday's report. Not saying highs are in just feel prudent to take some cookies
0 Kudos
23 Replies
Husker-J
Senior Contributor

Re: toppy??

I sold some, too.   Enough to hopefully cover my average spring expenses.   I can almost guarantee you that it is going to move higher now.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

I'm clueless
Waited this long
What's another few days?
7% sold on. old crop corn
0% on beans
No more needed sold this year
just put up more bins?

Haven't raised anything yet this year

I am in the middle of Kentucky with four inches of snow on the ground. This is going into the middle of March

I already feel folded, spindled, stapled, slightly mutilated, and generally abushied. So to do the movie quote thing

Do you feel lucky?

Make my day.. 

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Export sales of corn for delivery by Aug. 31 surged 81 percent in the week ended Feb. 27, while soybean and soybean-meal shipments more than doubled, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said yesterday. On average, deals for the grain in the past four weeks soared fivefold from a year earlier

Trean Group Quote

Hard to think this has short term implications --------- but I am not a top picking marketer.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

sold some yesterday and the market just smiled at me.  If I can't drop it its a strong market.  🙂

farmerguy89
Advisor

No more corn sold. There's not anything to worry bout.

People get too nervous and sell before these reports and that's kind of what's happening to you.

But I can take a beating on Monday, if necessary
0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

I feel better if im selling on the way up instead of on the way down. There are some time counts coming in here and several indicators are getting a little overbought.Could be more room though who knows. No new corn sold I want 5.sold old and new beans and some old wheat. Sold a dab of old corn. Been a pretty good run up. I think the spring highs in corn and beans will come a little later. Wheat??? I have no clue
0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

One thing about wheat is it bumped up against the long term downtrendline
0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

i think he means toppy in the #1 impulse sense (4-6 wk variety) like we were discussing earlier. trade/price likely already built into report and subsequent rxn.

Hobby, why'd you move to KY?

I'll try to explain better w/ charts tonight and usage - ya gotta put the pieces together - they are already together - just have to play out in linear time. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

If market does break probably buy some calls to cover sales
0 Kudos