Frount in early April.

????
0 Kudos
7 Replies
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: tx wheat

sw ks,   

had more moisture from fall than north of us but three hard windy days with the severe cold ------ now a few windy warm days and it is growing.

We developed mite pressure and some brown areas, which usually means too dry.

High winds sucked the moisture out of the top foot real fast.  Wheat being marked up to stop blowing in Okla panhandle tuesday.

Could see the dirt moving from the air.

I flew back into the area tuesday from Sacramento where the valley had gotten a couple of rainy days ----- enough to green up the hills on the west side.  But flying over the sierra's just south of Tahoo lake and then over the southern Rockies with good view.  I'd say michigan probably has more snow pack.  Sierra's have small amount of snow,  nowhere near normal and Rockies are worse.  

I think we have forgotten decent snow pack that keeps the rivers running into August.  Been a long time.

0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

Sold the rest of my wheat today all but a 1000 bu. I let you know monday how I feel
0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

I think ya did well considering we went well below 6 bucks
0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

Yes I am thankful. I have to give Cx1 some credit for helping along the way with some tech stuff.
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Hang on to that 1000 bushels 425. If we don't start seeing some significant moisture in the Central/High Plains region soon, our 2014 wheat crop will be in trouble. That one truck load you've got remaining could be a diamond in the rough.
0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

We got some soft red under the ice snow and water , not sure how that will turn out. Thank goodness dont have any new crop sold.
0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

You've likely got a crop if you have a bunch of snow.

Anywhere you seen the wheat during the winter may be in trouble.

Locally, only the niagara region has this problem right now..
0 Kudos