cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
illinifarmer
Advisor

After a very market friendly report for corn and wheat how are we to accept this downturn?  Personally believe the soybean numbers are completely fudged, however the case still holds with the corn.  No rain in half the country, less then normal in the other half and yet no regulations on market suppression.  Corn and wheat should be limit up and they’re trading currently down 20+?  What has to happen for an honest market swing before these traders are more concerned with profits.  Just outrageous should all be locked up, pure thievery.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: *****

no good responses here..... all I can say would be to try to answer the question....."What has to happen for an honest market swing before these traders are more concerned with profits". There wasn't a question mark so I assume you don't want an answer..... but here goes.

The futures markets have to have regulation.  If they did most Funds trading would be bared.  They exceed the limits of concerning market manipulation.  Trading on usda data is a problem.  Insider manipulation from DC is seldom addressed and never prosecuted.  

Two problems exist...... we are trying to hold up retirement funds with commodity markets because the economy otherwise is insufficient.  Most wealth generating stocks are in companies that fail to turn a profit or are operating outside the country.

Most all agencies of government are managing social welfare programs or political agenda's( ie. environmental, social retraining, education, labor etc).  Most regulatory agencies are shut down and bowing to political pressure.... from the Supreme Court down.  Even the election process is being redressed.

Even the worlds scientific community has been coopted into the political struggle for power.  The worlds information market is coopted to supplying third party information or reams of supporting "opinion pieces" for political organizations from one promotor or the other.

So Your asking for a clear and open market based only on price discovery........me too.

I just gotta wonder how we can expect it to be.

k-289
Senior Advisor

On the political side  , ask  a high plains Senator or Legislator , state or federal ,  about the price spread feedlot to retail ---

Don't expect any eye contact , on the babbling response - - - 

$11, 000, 000.oo   div. by 25,000 daily harvest ,  you do the math -  -  -    

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

How will that get corrected?   

Will congress stop creating monopolies for their fat checkbook friends?  Or stop regulating US small processors out of business instead of helping them create competition?  

no amount of regulation will stop this congressional corruption.... a few more words on the package are not going to change the problems.

No new congressbot will make a difference as long as the voters respond to the candidate with the biggest political debt war chest.  As long as education unions draws the biggest bribes, voters will continue to think constitution is not a class to offer and we can look to the press to know how to improve governance.

Until they do their job....... nothing is going to work as it should because we can all cheat without repercussions.

A reasonable amount of risk needs to be present in every venture...... without protection from failure.

0 Kudos
ddtfarm1
Veteran Contributor

I would be real interested in what your news source is, and exactly whom you voted for and why. And what have the reps you voted for done with regard to these issues that concern you?

0 Kudos
ddtfarm1
Veteran Contributor

And BTW, here in our home state that ranks in the lower 20th percentile of of all US states in education, teacher pay, women's health, alcohol, tobacco, meth use, infant mortality, college degrees, water and air quality, plus others, our crops are actually looking pretty good. In fact, I just heard another thunderstorm brewing up and heading our way! Lucky us this year , so far, but August is just around the corner.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Probably in the upper 20% in meth use, but anyway.

Anyhow, American Carnage Land is pretty well convinced that the Deep State is responsible for their afflictions.

Correct, just the wrong Deep State. For the most part, not entirely.

0 Kudos