cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

updated sales...kinda

Can't get the page to pull on computer so resorted to phone....so no table today....its updated though and corn has pulled ahead some more.....almost even with last years pace and closing in on 1B already......wheat has been laggin a bit put still ahead of pace and closing in on target.....soya are still lagging last year, BUT BUT BUT in the hype of trying to track you lose sight of just how much is sold.......if we were to keep pace with last year we would be dang near to out target for this year already.......so while they are laggin we are also in pretty good shape really.....

Interesting info from marketeye today about SA crop being smaller......I still contend that they will have issues pushing yields and production higher because of infastructure and government......not to mention their own demand is growing for cane and corn which will pull soya production down....
0 Kudos
4 Replies
tim7781
Frequent Contributor

Re: updated sales...kinda

mizzou, $5.50 range dec 2012 are you selling any if not what targets do you look for. thanks again

0 Kudos
Doug N
Veteran Contributor

I'm really confused on the export reporting.  MT you are always talking about sales being ahead of pace or real close with the exception of soybeans.  Why then all the talk about exports lagging and not meeting expectations?  Maybe this was explained and I missed it.  It seems like the USDA numbers, right or wrong, would be what everyone is using and would be hard to dispute?

0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

One of the difficulties of discussing the fundamental trends is the few times opinions refer to a 'standard', which in ag is almost always USDA for historical or projected numbers. Many times there are assumptions that can be shown to be generally erroneous looking at past trends.

0 Kudos
idalivered
Advisor

MT, local movement in our area continues to improve. One amazing development is the re-opening of a rail line that has been abandoned for over 20 years! A couple coops on this line haven't loaded a car for all that time and the trains that move out is bushels that the lcoal feed mills and ethanol plants can't even bid for. Was in council bluffs and the largest soybean plant in north america (so they tell me) lost a good share of their local soys to the missouri river and a HUGE hailstorm in swia and nw missouri. they always rail beans in, but now almost all! I'm looking out my back door, but seems like we are grinding thru this crop at a good clip. A million here, 350,000 there and soon we'll be talkin real bushels! this could get really interesting....

0 Kudos