cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

vr....

I see you are still thinking this crop is big.......

What's your final crop size.....

Don't care about yield or acres as those will change to fit the model....want total size.....

12.1B is where I am at for now.......four more weeks of no rain and we will talk again.......

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: vr....

I am goin to say were at 11.3 billion now the states that looked like they were going to produce a big crop are starting to go backwards. I will say the crop conditions drop another 6 points tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

That's VR with the red cloth hanging from his belt.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Ok now that was funny
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

LOLSmiley Happy
0 Kudos
Advisor

real classy........watch the bean market is my only advise.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Vr....you didn't answer my question......

Now this soya market......I was somewhat bearish before things flipped......and I agree that she is getting toppy,,,,,,,,,that said, the fundamentals are getting awful bullish, no rain for 4 weeks and this soya crop is in a huge corner........witnessed soya die in 2003 and get zeroed out, was a local drought......but never thought I would see the day it could happen, they are our go to crop.........things are looking similar again and its not localized this time........

Give us some thoughts not a simple on liner.......or do we have to pay for it or register like TIMES site......
0 Kudos
Advisor

Go back to what I said in March and aprilan shutit
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

GEEEEEEEEEE.........

nothing has changed between now and then has it...........

you really are a nut..............

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Crunchy

So, i admit I don't post much, and probably not that good at giving numbers, but i do know what I saw, and have listened to what I have heard.

Any farmers that are on here know, if you didn't get a rare rain, we are all in trouble. 

My wife's folks live near WItchita.   We live in SE MN, but have some farmland in western MN.  Thing accross southern MN were hanging in there as of last Thursday morning.

Every 4th we go to to Kansas and I drop her off with her family and I drive back.  What a difference a week makes !!!!!

I went down yesterday to retreive my bride and things have really taken a turn for a worse.  You can take the map from the National Drought Monitor and nearly map it to every field. 

Dead corn, dead beans, pinnapple corn, gray corn, and curled corn, with no hope in sight.

I did get a call from my Agstar guy, and his friend from college is near St. Louis and they are disking under corn at an alarming rate, hoping to replant beans?  He manages a few bit corporate operations and said they are getting very worried.

My nephew is taking a few classes at UW-Madison and they are doing the same.

My ag tax buddy went to Washington DC from Rochester MN and would rate crops fair to poor through Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio.

So here is two numbers, $20 and $10.  You can figure out where they go.  Personally, if they get there, we are all screwed.