cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: weather

Reading pretty much the same thing as you Tiger. Don't know how many of those storms will come to fruition for you or head our way but it sounds unsettled. Right now it really doesn't point to an early spring but you never know. As far as Farmer's Almanac is concerned, you might as well tack several forecasts on the wall and throw a dart to choose. Never had much confidence in them.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

White out here this afternoon winds started rolling about 11 am.  Ins. adjuster here this am had a small revenue claim on corn adjuster said there was a quite a few rev claims also looking for 30 to 60 extra adjusters to go to IA. to handle all of the rev. claims in the state. Must have been just a lot of average corn if that is true. If you believe in tree rings should be dry.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

The Geese always know more than the weatherman on long range forecasts.  ALWAYS.

If they makeit up North, well then we could have repeat of 2012 spring when they came back wicked early.. 

interesting on weather; 2010-2012 saw crop disasters all over the world.  2013 was on average pretty good worldwide and 2014 off to good start in SA.  somewhere things are going to change.

world is overdue for another crop disaster on a large scale.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Bite your tongue bigrock, the Central Plains has been in a disaster state since 2010.  2014 isn't looking any better.  Yesterday we had 50MPH+ winds with the skies full of dust on January 16.  Parts of the interstate highway system were shut down due to low visibility.  Have you ever been in a blizzard?  Well we experienced the same thing yesterday except we substituted dirt for snow.  Thank goodness for grassland and conservation practices or we would have been much worse.  The drought hasn't subsided here by any means.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Shaggy - I did say on average. We had an okay year in new england last year because it was too wet n cold.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

What I want to know Shaggy - is how do you know the difference between a normal year and a disaster year out there ? I'm just say 'n' that it always seems to be to windy , to hot, to cold , to snowy , to much dust blown , so to me out there - a disater year would be a normal year -- right ?  OR you just b-t-h more - lol

Which is it ?   Smiley Happy

BTW -- I never read sw or Clayton complaining like you  Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Complaining, hell I'm bragging. I mean who else could absorb the weather blows like we have and still churn a profit? If you think I've been complaining, just wait until I get really pissed.

I'm the group spokesman, modesty has never been one of my strong suits. I speak my mind whether it's truth or BS. LOL
0 Kudos
Advisor

Shaggy, your due for a big crop here sometime. The law of large numbers demands it.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Seems like the Law of Murphy has out weighed the Law of large numbers in this location for awhile.
0 Kudos