cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: well grab ur ankles........

Never confuse "taxpayers" with "voters". The two should be synonymous, but they are not. One candidate scored a clear win with the taxpayers....the other got a win with the voters. Guess which tally counts?

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Thanks highyields for clearing this up for me ! So what your saying is that them Blue states are the the Gay States , right , lmao Thank God Indiana is a Red State , I won't have to worry about dropping the soap ! lmao
GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

I love your optimism MT.  I don't think there's any chance we make it four years to revisit.  Now that everyone is entrenched, I would guess the fiscall cliff just got steeper.  Everyone will just dig in a little deeper.  This baby could blow within the next four months.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

For 12 years I have been wanting to compare the red/blue county map (since less than 100 counties in the US determine our political agenda) -------------------I would like to see that mational county map comparted to the map of the poorest rated public school districts in the US.   I think it would be a telling/ disturbing comparison.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

The gay issue-------------------------- points out one disturbing reality.

Leadership at least until demographics change, is going to ignore the economic issues that are burying us and concentrate on what the electorate wants.  Micro management of our personal lives.  What we buy, drive, eat, wear, and do in the dark--------all will be more important than roads, budgets or restricting monopolies.  -----the voter mandate

----------------------

That disability deal looks like our best shot at an early retirement.     🙂         and very popular too.   In a society where no one physically works ---- except for the potential "immigrants"---------  disability grows.  Has a bigger budget that the USDA discrimination payout deal.  One has to keep an eye on our potential retirement options.  🙂

---------------------------------------

Justin Beiber---------------- the republican's best hope for 2016.

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Why do you blame OBama for the poor wage rates

Is not the wage scale a product of those that hire them? Did Obama prohibit them from paying $20 or $30 per hour?

0 Kudos
outofthemoney
Contributor

Re: Why do you blame OBama for the poor wage rates

kraft............are you sure you don't want to edit that comment, because that has got to be the most ridiculas statement on here today

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Yes I expect to pay taxes

what ever they are. The difference being that my son and daughters paycheck is just as precious to them as my farm is to me. They are paying income taxes on hundreds of thousands of income over their life time. I have a million or more of capital gains that have never been taxed.

Do you ever plan to get out of the wagon and start pulling your weight?

0 Kudos
outofthemoney
Contributor

Re: Yes I expect to pay taxes

well,...........this coversation has went straight in the sh!!er. what in the world does your son and daughter's paycheck have to do with your initial comment?

you are ignoring basic economics OR you probably just want to jab a few sticks.

as far as pulling the wagon.......that comment doesn't even deserve a response. suffice it to say, my farming enterprise is secondary to my business and my wife's career. We have made great sacrifices to get where we are at and are proud of our achievements,even if they pale in comparison to yours. I pay alot of taxes and don't have a problem with that side of the equation. The problem lies in the extreme level of waste in government and this sense of entitlement that has swept our society. I firmly beleive in reaching down and helping a man in need, but government just is not able to do it.

fire away. make your ridiculas assumptions about anybody that disagrees with your enlightened world view. I will NOT respond.

0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

Hiring temps and part time has been going on for a long time! 15-20 years - before Obamacare when healthcare was completely private but increasing in cost faster than the cost of living. And so have falling wages. I remember the exact same issues in the 90's.

Healthcare costs and falling wages are a concern for everyone everywhere.. Business and private. A person who loses a job and helathcare with it, and those who don't get it through work or have too low a wages and can't afford it still incur costs that the rest pay for. No comprehensive health care does not equal savings. Regardless of political terminology and beliefs.

0 Kudos