cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Re: LMAO..........

been chatting about this for awhile.........

next several decades or longer will be marked by a cold resource war.........

LAND, WATER, MINERALS...........which grains are a derivative of...........

0 Kudos
jjoseph
Frequent Contributor

The clams are starting to die in the ocean becuase of PH.

0 Kudos
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Gored, we had the same problem, then suddenly, in the matter of 3-4 days our corn went from 18 to 15, and we are currently picking corn at 14 moisture, 60.5 test weight. 115 day corn in central Nebraska, the shorter season was as dry as 12.5% a couple days ago. Yields have been good except for the varieties that pollenated in the bad heat.
0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

I read a study about a year ago that established that importing soubeans was the equivelant of China importing the 14% of their water resources that they didn't have. Soybean imports were a strategic decision for China. Thius means the bulk of thier hog herds are near the coast where the ships arrive.

Our area exports Timothy hay to Japan for thier race horse industry. Long truck haul to the middle of the state. Big bales are recompressed to make them smaller and denser. They are then loaded into containers for the coast. Becoming a big industry.

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

considering a bottle of water cost over $1 for a Liter............makes $10 corn and $22 soya look cheap.........RIGHT??????????

depending on who or what you look at...........a bushel of corn takes about 3,000 gallon of water............thats 11355 Liters............WOW talk about inflation adjustments...........$11,355 corn here we come.............

as stated earlier....................its not about fuel vs food...........its about fuel vs CHEAP FOOD..........

this idea we are entitled to food is horse shat........if you dont like it, go grow it yourself..........otherwise deal with it..........

EDIT:  yep, my bad.....doing to many things......ur way looks better...TGIF....

0 Kudos
vandenplas
Senior Contributor

Mizzou--you need to bone up on your liters and gallons math. 

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Think of how he would stomp on someone else for their ignorance!

0 Kudos
Farmerjoe79
Senior Contributor

Re: well...........

Vandenplas I think you better sharpen up your math there is 3.785 litters is a gallon you take 3000 times 3.785 you get 11355 liters then you take that times 1 dollar and you get 11355 $. You better go back to math class if you could not figure it out cause it is pretty basic math.
0 Kudos
Farmerjoe79
Senior Contributor

Re: well...........

How many liters did you think were in a gallon? I would like to know how you do your math?
0 Kudos
vandenplas
Senior Contributor

well...........

FArmer Joe__go back and read Mizzou's last comment, where he admitted his "my bad" and made a correction in his post.  You need to bone up on your reading skills.

0 Kudos