cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

without comment

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/trump-plans-to-meet-oil-industry-reps-on-us-biofuel-policy-sources/

Well, I will. Just some of that good 'ol de-regulatin'.

But I'll stick with what I've said all along- ethanol isn't going much of anywhere, either up or down. But in this administration certainly not up.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: without comment

The important thing for ethanol production is that it not go down.

When you say it won't go up, I get the idea that corn production in less profitable areas is not so likely to expand as the ethanol demand won't be there.  I understand there may be good livestock demand in those areas but livestock, on an upswing now, is cyclical.  Maybe ethanol will be, too, but maybe not so historically cyclical.

Accepting that you are right, it seems ethanol demand is not going to be the genie that gets better prices out of the bottle.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Despite being the single largest conduits for dirty cash in politics I don't think even the Kochs (new owners here, I gather?)* have the muscle to roll it back by much, if any.

*what is the deal on that? I know there was an ownership change a while back- is SF still part of the Meredith deal that the Kochs are financing?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Ethanol deregulated will probably grow as cattle restock.... IMO

Nox start a new thread on the  SF "Cooperative merger" ..... there ought to be some explaining on that issue close at hand.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Well the Koch group is thinking E is NOT going away.

Two new fermentation tanks are being added to the seven already there at the Menlo, Iowa E plant they own

Can you say "increased production"?

(Flint Hills resources) 

Best bid in a very large area.

0 Kudos
Advisor

as an integrated outfit they have a captive market for their e output- like their refineries it is all about optimizing operating efficiency.

If I were a farmer owner of e assets that would concern me. But oh well.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

China sounds like betting big on ethanol, the gals on USFR speculate that they are already stepping up corn purchases for 2019-2020 big slug they`ll need.  

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I view the meeting as not good.  The oil companys bought and paid for trump, and they figure they better do something now

before trump leaves.  The fellow that runs the epa from okla does not like etho due to it cutting into oil usage.

curious on the china issue.  they want/need to use etoh, due to keeping the pollution down.  would they ship it in,

or ship in the grain and run the process there, and have a feedstuff, but then again have to use energy to do the

process.

just do like the looks of things.......when usda is projecting a even bigger crop this coming year, and they don't even

have the seed bagged yet.

it's all becoming insane

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The "smart money" was gambling that the current president would not win (another reason this Russia poppycock is so stupid).   Big oil will do what they were gonna do regardless, I mean a guy in Woden, Iowa a Trump bumpersticker and a POET ethanol sticker and a Corvus cap and DeKalb jacket put Trump in office....would Hillary have had any felt obligation as far as bio fuels to that Woden resident?

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Keep an eye on the last one's to have the meeting - holding the most cards ---

0 Kudos