cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

you can tell it's comming to the end of the year....look at basis

well you can tell it's getting time when people settle up for the end of the year..............people hold for a while,

waiting for the harvest low to pass, and things go up a little...............

BUT NOT ANYMORE

i had to unload some grain today.......i just about had a stroke when i got the check.....it was half of what i had expect.

between the basis, some storage and some dockage........i'm sorry but it got to me........

i am  sick and tired of hearing everyone complain how they are hurting........the elevator many was saying

there was no money in the grain business ..he said how they can not even get rid of it.......well i got on the

phone (thank goodness for the unlimited plans), i talked to one of the BIG terminals........i could send them all the grain i wanted.

i had them give me a shipping quote.........i've got news..........there is money in the grain business........

how else could they afford all the equipment, nice vehicles, and all the help, and the managers sure do have nice homes...better

than mine......yet, they look me in the face and lie...........

when to the chem place.........oh they were crying tears too......how they were making nothing..........folks, i looked over my bills.....

i do business with them since they are close........no more.....i got new quotes they are 30 to 40% more than a regional seller.......

and they have went from $5 an acre to $7 an acre to apply......oh, on the fertilizer, they have only 1.....yes 1 dry spreader

unit.....they charge $1.50 an acre.....but there is at least 7 people waiting, and they never get to you...how handy, they

get to spread it.

this will be one of the worse year we have ever had........and we own most everything.......but it's going to be nic and tuck

for the next year.

frankly, with all the crooks we have to do business with......i'm getting down right cranky

the last few years have not been good.........due to dry wx......but the chem and fert boys still did business.....elevators did have

it a little harder.......but they are making up for it now.

oh.......this is the market section............well i say there is no market today.......it's just a money game for everyone else......let's

all make money off the farmer......he has to buy everything......and has to sell it, so we'll make money both ways......

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Contributor

Re: you can tell it's comming to the end of the year....look at basis

Your rant makes me think of something my Dad used to say when I was a whining kid:

KWITCHERBELLIACHIN

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

If theres so much money in the grain business why dont you build some bins and cash in on it?

0 Kudos