cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Ag Leader vs Deere

Anybody care to compare the good and bad of these two?  Was prepared to use Deere but frustration with some issues by neighbors requires a new look.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Ag Leader vs Deere

I will tell you this much, I have always used Ag Leader and we recently purchased a new 690 Deere, much to my surprise, Deere is now using Ag Leader sensors. The main differences are interfaces. We tried a gs monitor for about a week. The interface stinks on the Deere compared to AL. One thing people seem to like more about the JD monitor is it can be calibrated with 2 loads, rather than AL's 5. Personally, I'd rather do 5 and be more accurate.AL Software is also a lot more user friendly than AMS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

SJ -- I can't speak about Deere - But have had AL in my Hagies for years - and love them - I use it in the sprayer and pull it out and use it in the combine - next yer will use it in plater trtor as well - one monitor does it all - easyier to just learn one outfit -- And then this fall I downloaded the free 21 day SMS software to  read all maps - yield data - Had to make some calls for support - lol But over all - very happy with what I see as of now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

don't have deere, so not really your answer. I have agleader integra in my cr new holland and as my planter monitor. seems very user friendly. i would buy it again. the customer support when calling agleader is outstanding. Maybe better than outstanding.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Thanks all. Much appreciated.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Smokey,

We are heavily deere.  It works well in the field but I have two problems with it.

1.  Deere as usual, optimises the cost of the system  --------- very expensive and always changing.  Updates always seem to have a bug or two to work out and techs that are on top of the system are hard to find.

2.  The storage of data and downloading has given us problems.  We are big enough to afford the cost and spread it over enough acres, but the apex program is not big enough to compile it from several operations and give us year to year comparison.  Editing the data has been difficult and correcting in field mistakes sometimes impossible.

Adapting it to changing formats has been difficult.  like boundaries that chang every season or year. 

They have fixed much as we went along but it's development has been slow and very expensive  IMO.

0 Kudos