cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

AgLeader antenna magnets

Jump to solution

I have the bigger AgLeader antenna.  It has 3 little magnets in the base.  They are glued into holes or receptacles that they fit into.

Two of the magnets are loose.  Their magnetism hold them in place pretty well, but if I pick up the antenna, the magnets stay on the tractor and don't go with the antenna.

I glued them with super glue and that didn't hold.

Would JB Weld do the trick?  The other option is to use the threaded hold in the base and put down a different magnet mount.  I know mobile radios have some extremely strong magnet bases.  Just not sure if I need to go that route yet.

Anybody have this problem and fix it?  Any ideas?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: AgLeader antenna magnets

Jump to solution

Gorilla glue, that stuff is unreal what it will hold

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: AgLeader antenna magnets

Jump to solution

I looked on the Trimble web site to see what support they offered.  They make the antenna.  No support.  Call your dealer.  I'd already done that.  So, I called another dealer.  From them, I found a 3" diameter mag mount that screws into the base of the antenna.  I put a little loctite on the threads and am comfortable it will work.  $20.

I found out the threads in the antenna are probably standard, so I could have just as easily fabricated a mount and bolted the antenna head on.  I wonder why the first dealer didn't mention that?  The second did.  Lots of difference in service from one dealer to another.  For $20, it was probably worth it to buy the mag mount, but if I'd had a handy site to bolt it on that would have been good, too.

0 Kudos