cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor

Case IH Trimbel fm 750 guidance

We have a Case IH 245  tractor and Case IH 16 row corn planter , and also a 13 row side dress bar. The tractor is set up with a pro 700 display and a Trimbel [Case IH ]  FM 750 guidance with  E Z Steer  , set now on wass. Not working out very well . The tractor is not equipment for hydraulic steering .  Does any body know what a acceptable and economical solution would be ? Would we be happy with XP or HP , at a of  cost  $2000.00 to unlock  the FM 750 plus  a 3 month subscription annual of $480.00 OR $850.00 respectively . Or do we need to go with hydraulic  steering ,  witch, I assume is about  $ 10,000.00?  Or do we need just need to use the planter markers , witch I  don't like , because we have come this far , just want to have it work , something less then 2 feet pass to pass ,yes it can be that bad . The dealer has recalibrated this three times already so that is not the problem. Also because it is to late for this spring  , for a hydraulic  upgrade, we can upgrade to XP or Hp or RTX  [ annual cost of $1650.00]  It is my understaning that if the hydraulic  steering is put in next year , then the FM750 and E Z Steer would not even be needed , [wasted money ] Any help ? Thankyou.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: Case IH Trimbel fm 750 guidance

we had the same problem witht the same set-up as you. We went with the XP and have had very good luck. Our tractor has over 4000 hrs on it and to put 12k in auto steer hyd. system on it is not feasible for us. WAAS was horrible for our set-up when we switched it was a night and day difference. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Just to be sure, do  think that thier would not be a problem with the 13 row sidedress bar?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

If your going to run it with the sidedress bar, I would possibly go with the HP. There are so many variables witht he EZ- Steer system, wheel slip, how tight your front end of the tractor is, ect.  If your farming hilly stuff or varible row passes, I would just bet on the higher service HP over the lower XP. Your in the same boat as us a year ago and it worked for us, still has its downfalls, but it is way better than the WAAS. Normally we can hit a 2-4" pass to pass. good enough for us. But if your running a larger tire on the tractor 2-4 can mean a lot of run over corn. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I was told by our salesman that if you call and ask they will likely give you a free trial of an upgraded signal to use for 3 or 4 days.  Might be worth a shot to see if you like it or not.

Highlighted
Visitor

Yes , Here Is what we decided to do , Pay $2000.00 to unlock FM 750 , and pay for the H P subscrition . We will see how this works out , I just wished that we would have asked better questions to the dealer origanally . Thank You to all here on fourm that offered  thier opinion !!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I planted beans on WAAS last year with a similiar setup to what you have in AgLeader.  It was OK and I'm on hilly ground.  With the same worries and thinking you have, I'm going to OmniStar this year for corn.  No more markers.  RTK is too expensive for my blood.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I was just at the dealer yesterday and had our 750 updated.  Dealer unlocked a new RTX for free, he said it was a free one year trial that IH/Trimble are doing this year.  He said it was about 3-4 inches pass to pass better than WAAS.  He said it ran on GLONASS is it was the next step better than WAAS, and not as good as the HP.    It is called Range Point RTX

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: Case IH Trimble FM 750 guidance

I wouldn't be able to improve 3"-4" on my WAAS coverage, but it is probably something they can guarantee in writing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

One of the reasons we traded the 7120 for the MX275 was autosteer.  I told the salesman I didn't know WAAS from wishing, but here is what I needed: Because we plant seed corn we may have 3 passes down the same rows.  I want to have the rows within an inch or so of being in the same place every pass.  It was going to cost too much to make it work in the old Magnum, where the 275 is pretty much plug and play. We went with the Case branded Trimble 750 with RTX

No video games.jpg

Yes, I have an annual subscription which is way too much money, but I'll pay it because it works.

We had an issue getting started this year (somehow my renewal didn't register), and son in law planted some commercial corn with WAAS.  It works, but it is not repeatable like RTX. I don't think we could come back in 2 days then come back 2 days after that and get everything where it belongs.

0 Kudos