cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

EZ steer upgrade.

Jump to solution

I recently downloaded the latest software for 500.  What happens now? Do I just stick it in the back and it will take me through it or should I get a degree first? Thoughts?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: EZ steer upgrade.

Jump to solution

I'm almost certain that you plug your flashdrive in before you power up your monitor.  When you power it up everything should be automatic or self explanatory.  Might be a good idea to contact your local Tech. and ask him before hand, but I don't believe it will be that big of an issue.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution

gough, did you get your software updates uploaded?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

haven't done it yet but will certainly let someone know if it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution
I've just updated from EZ-Steer to EZ-Pilot, and I'm glad I spent the money. I'm only using the free WAAS signal, but the accuracy is about 50% better. Might even consider updating to RTX signals to bring it down to within an inch or so, or maybe a second antenna on the equipment being drawn to eliminate implement draft. Not quite sure if one is better than the other yet.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution

Gough, did you get your upgrade to work?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

You must have ESP.  I am giving it a run tomorrow and will send a written detailed report to you when I can.  Thanks comrade.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution
No need to get to fancy, just a verbal "it works" or "it doesn't" is good enough. Go get em General.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

I am not sure what happened.  When I stuck the thumb in, turned it on, it never said anything about receiving anything.  I left it in while spraying but I can't say if it did anything. That is the best report I can give comrade.  What do you think.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution
I bet nothing happened. You will have to pull up your status or info screen to actually see what version your monitor is running on. If it's the new one, job well done. If it's the same one you've been running, might need to contact your precision support techie. Sorry I can't be anymore help.
0 Kudos