Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Farm UAS (Drone) Still Needs Registration

Hobbyists have persuaded a federal judge that the FAA does not have the right to require registration of model airplanes.  That means hobbyists don't need to log in with the feds.  Effective immediately.


Anyone using UAS commercially must still have a pilot certificate (license) and register the ship, and it is clear that any use associated with your farm is commercial so we farmers are still stuck.  How much the feds are chasing violators is an open question.  


As always, it's the insurance companies who like to pursue this kind of question as much or more than the feds.  That's assuming you don't fly into a crop duster or airliner.



0 Kudos